Big 12 Tournament

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
https://d1baseball.com/postseason/2019-ncaa-regional-host-sites-announced/

The NCAA has announced the 16 regional host sites, and there are few surprises. We had Texas A&M as a host site in our Sunday morning projections. However, we noted that Ole Miss went 4-0 against the Aggies and had the better metrics, almost entirely across the board. We felt the Rebels were more deserving of a host site, but also thought the committee would default to the RPI and select the Aggies. In our final host projection Sunday afternoon, we flipped our pick to Ole Miss after the Rebels played a close contest with Vanderbilt in the SEC tournament title game.

Athens Regional (Georgia)
Atlanta Regional (Georgia Tech)
Baton Rouge Regional (LSU)
Chapel Hill Regional (North Carolina)
Corvallis Regional (Oregon State)
Fayetteville Regional (Arkansas)
Greenville Regional (East Carolina)
Los Angeles Regional (UCLA)
Louisville Regional (Louisville)
Lubbock Regional (Texas Tech)
Morgantown Regional (West Virginia)
Oxford Regional (Ole Miss)
Stanford Regional (Stanford)
Nashville Regional (Vanderbilt)
Starkville Regional (Mississippi State)
Stillwater Regional (Oklahoma State)

Dec 21, 2008
Just wondering why did WV change pitchers? That guy was mowing us down and we got one hit then they pulled him after like 70 pitches? Felt momentum shift after they pulled him.

Also, would’ve loved to have seen Mitch throw. Is he a RS FR this yr?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
He was 100% out if he went with his left. It’s only close because his left hand wasn’t there to tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, it was a harder tag with Tank reaching across his body? Tank was quicker to the palte reaching across his body?
November-Foxtrot-Whiskey
Yes. The catcher has to reach further for the the tag which normally they aren’t anticipating. Guys do it all the time. It’s a very common move to avoid a tag. Which in my opinion he did. It’s better than sliding right into a tag. Which is why he did it.

Wow. He slid to the outside of home plate to avoid the tag, but we both know that. Now, stretch your arms out in front of you like Superman. Now, reach across with your right hand as if you were trying to touch home plate 6-12” to the left of your left arm. See what happens? Your left fingertips are 12” further in front of you. Do you still want to argue tagging home with your right hand will get you to the plate quicker or get your body farther away from the plate if you’re sliding to the outside of homeplate?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
https://d1baseball.com/postseason/2019-ncaa-regional-host-sites-announced/

The NCAA has announced the 16 regional host sites, and there are few surprises. We had Texas A&M as a host site in our Sunday morning projections. However, we noted that Ole Miss went 4-0 against the Aggies and had the better metrics, almost entirely across the board. We felt the Rebels were more deserving of a host site, but also thought the committee would default to the RPI and select the Aggies. In our final host projection Sunday afternoon, we flipped our pick to Ole Miss after the Rebels played a close contest with Vanderbilt in the SEC tournament title game.

Athens Regional (Georgia)
Atlanta Regional (Georgia Tech)
Baton Rouge Regional (LSU)
Chapel Hill Regional (North Carolina)
Corvallis Regional (Oregon State)
Fayetteville Regional (Arkansas)
Greenville Regional (East Carolina)
Los Angeles Regional (UCLA)
Louisville Regional (Louisville)
Lubbock Regional (Texas Tech)
Morgantown Regional (West Virginia)
Oxford Regional (Ole Miss)
Stanford Regional (Stanford)
Nashville Regional (Vanderbilt)
Starkville Regional (Mississippi State)
Stillwater Regional (Oklahoma State)
All of which may be bad news for us. If they have to choose, Tech may be ahead of us for a SR.

Dec 7, 2006
All of which may be bad news for us. If they have to choose, Tech may be ahead of us for a SR.

D1 Baseball is projecting us to get the last national seed over Louisville, not Tech. If it's a head to head against Tech for the last national seedn, we lose. Head to head sweeps will do that to you.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

D1 Baseball is projecting us to get the last national seed over Louisville, not Tech. If it's a head to head against Tech for the last national seedn, we lose. Head to head sweeps will do that to you.
That’s just it. D1 Baseball had aTm over Ole Miss. But aTm was swept by Ole Miss.