Big 12 Tournament

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Game will resume at 9 am on Saturday morning. Rain has slowed down but too much lightning. my guess is TT-WVU will start around 10:30 and OSU-BU/TCU game will be around 1:30 to 2:00 pm start time.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2007
Edmond
Arkie gonna host - but I remember the year they were here last I swear they had as many fans in Allie P as we did.

Shockers on a roll and they travel well. Seems to me we would do everything to gain a greater home field advantage?

Maybe too complicated? idk

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Pokes will play TCU later today. Hopefully just once.

On a side note, anyone else find it annoying the final is winner take all. IMHO, it should still be part of the double elimination.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Pokes will play TCU later today. Hopefully just once.

On a side note, anyone else find it annoying the final is winner take all. IMHO, it should still be part of the double elimination.
Yeah, that does kind of suck but the consolation is if we happen to make it through unscathed and play a team from the other side with a loss, that means they will have played 1 extra game the day before.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I’ve said it for years, but it’ll never happen, because $$$. But the Big 12 Tournament should have a play in game between 8th and 9th place on Thursday night. Then from there it’s single elimination all the way. Coaches wouldn’t have to worry about keeping pitching in line and you would see everyone scrapping and clawing for a title with better baseball played and more effort. You would see bigger crowds at each game too, IMO. But, fewer games means less $$$, so it would never happen.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Yeah, that does kind of suck but the consolation is if we happen to make it through unscathed and play a team from the other side with a loss, that means they will have played 1 extra game the day before.
I’ve wondered if flipping the brackets going into Saturday would mix it up a little. The 2 teams that are 2-0 get matched up with opposite losers bracket. This year we would have been swapped out Baylor and TCU for Tech and Kansas. If this were in place now we’d have Tech this afternoon.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I’ve said it for years, but it’ll never happen, because $$$. But the Big 12 Tournament should have a play in game between 8th and 9th place on Thursday night. Then from there it’s single elimination all the way. Coaches wouldn’t have to worry about keeping pitching in line and you would see everyone scrapping and clawing for a title with better baseball played and more effort. You would see bigger crowds at each game too, IMO. But, fewer games means less $$$, so it would never happen.
Don’t like that idea. A bad team with one ace would have great chance of beating the top seed.
A good team has to have a deep pitching staff. The current format rewards that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
At what point would the conference cancel the baseball final like they did for softball. Don't get me wrong, I want the Pokes to win the tourney, but I don't want to be going deep into the pen on a Monday night if it comes to that.