Big 12 Tournament

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
So the wooden bats are more expensive? I assume because you go through more of them?
Yes. Way more. These bats nowadays are really close to wood in the way they react. Very beneficial to the college game for 1, it is an easier transition to wooden bats. Therefore, college is a really close rival to minors

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Tech fan yesterday were claiming Tech was throwing yesterday and today’s games as HC wasn’t putting in top pitchers and relievers or good pinch hitter, but players who are rarely used so they can rest up for CWS run as they said it was doubtful they would get a Super Regional. Due to WV pitching the top ranked pitcher and expected first round pick that TT was not playing their best players.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
Tech fan yesterday were claiming Tech was throwing yesterday and today’s games as HC wasn’t putting in relievers or good pinch hitter, but players who are rarely used so they can rest up for CWS run as they said it was doubtful they would get a Super Regional.
Sounds like a typical TTU fan! Bunch of wanna b's!!!!

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Sounds like a typical TTU fan! Bunch of wanna b's!!!!
KU is up 4-0 top of 2. The guy from tech I was talking with claimed to know people and the AD at Tech claiming it is hard to play through Sunday and then be adequately rested for the Lubbock regional, so TT HC was throwing these two games to get back to Lubbock tonight. My guess is they are packed and ready to bus or fly back to Lubbock.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Tech fan yesterday were claiming Tech was throwing yesterday and today’s games as HC wasn’t putting in top pitchers and relievers or good pinch hitter, but players who are rarely used so they can rest up for CWS run as they said it was doubtful they would get a Super Regional. Due to WV pitching the top ranked pitcher and expected first round pick that TT was not playing their best players.
That doesn't sound very smart.

Nov 6, 2010
I thought they'd be a lock for a super.

Nov 6, 2010
This thing is setting up nicely. Either way, I'm coming down to Stillwater for the regional. From where you ask??? Omaha baby, maybe the team will follow me back in a couple weeks!

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Apparently this is common and well know by TT fans about their HC. Probably reason not to many TT fans travelled to OKC for the tournament. There are more WVU fans here than TT fans. KU up 4-2 going to the fourth inning.

Nov 6, 2010
Tadlock has never loaded up to win the Big12 tourney. Since he’s been there, they have never played on Saturday. They try to go 0-2, 1-2 at worst. Sounds bogus, but in effect it’s true...

Hard to argue with the CWS trips tho.
Baseball is just so streaky, would hate to lose momentum this time of year. But I guess if it's been working for them....

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Then that tech fan is an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
Baseball is just so streaky, would hate to lose momentum this time of year. But I guess if it's been working for them....
We went 1-2 and then went to CWS, and credited some of our post season success to being rested and re-focused.

As far as OSU history after making the Big12 Tourney final. 2014 lose to UCIrvine in Supers at home, 2015 go 1-2 in a regional at home, 2017 0-2 at Arkansas regional.

So Tech could be on to something.