Big 12 Tournament is Officially Canceled

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
This sucks. I thought it might happen but I was hoping we would at least get through today to get one more crack at KU.

Honestly, I don't see any chance the NCAA tournament happens at this point. I predict that after the few remaining games happening today, no more games will be played this season.

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Well, I guess that 0-8 start didn't really matter in the end. No one is going to the big dance....

Also we ended this season REALLY well. Won 9 of the last 11 correct?
Yes. That was quite a run to end the year. Very sad for Cam, Lindy, and Dizzy. Was hoping they would get the chance to knock off KU today. But in the end, they finished their season winners. I wonder if the NCAA might offer up an extra season of eligibility for the seniors.

Jan 13, 2005
Yes. That was quite a run to end the year. Very sad for Cam, Lindy, and Dizzy. Was hoping they would get the chance to knock off KU today. But in the end, they finished their season winners. I wonder if the NCAA might offer up an extra season of eligibility for the seniors.
Probably not since the regular season was completed.

Aug 16, 2012
I guess as a glass-half-full perspective, when future discussion addresses years we did not make the tournament, technically this year would not count, right? I did read two articles yesterday that indicated we had played our way into discussion, so......there was a chance.

Dec 17, 2011
I guess as a glass-half-full perspective, when future discussion addresses years we did not make the tournament, technically this year would not count, right? I did read two articles yesterday that indicated we had played our way into discussion, so......there was a chance.
Yeah, people were saying if we beat KU we probably would have been in. Some teams flopped too that were on the bubble. And a team like ND that beat 1 team that might be in a tournament was on the bubble too. Our resume was on par based on our quality of wins, SoS, and road wins as they were to bubble teams.

Aug 16, 2012
https://twitter.com/Big12Conference/status/1238198267227385858?s=19
From the recruiting standpoint, I sure hope that is a unilateral decision across all of the conferences. Could be a distinct disadvantage if it is not and this thing drags on for weeks/months.