Big-12 Title picture...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Was listening to college sports Sunday on XM, they had some writer on and the question was who deserves that 4th playoff spot out of Georgia, Notre Dame and Oklahoma State. First thing the guy said was; well it's not Oklahoma State.

He then went on to say that A&M was actually the most likely. They could finish 9-1, not have to play in the SEC title game, and then if bama beats georgia again, they'll be the highest rated sec team.

We are going to be Rodney Dangerfield this year.....no respect no respect at all. I guess it's good to even be included in the question at this point, even if we are immediately dismissed in the answer.
We deserve this national disrespect. We have earned it.
I don't like it any more than you, but if YOU DON'T WIN THE BIG GAMES, you get no respect.

WE DO NOT WIN THE BIG GAMES!!

When we have control of our own destiny (and we've had that plenty of seasons in the Gundy years) we ultimately lose it.
We have NOT learned how to win when we're supposed to win.
We have learned we can win the game, but when it's our game to lose -- we find a way.

Disgusting and defeatist, but true.

We are not at the next level in our recruiting or coaching mentality.
We are NOT an elite program.
We, are in that group of Michigan, aTm, Auburn type schools that like to think of ourselves as capable of a NC if things go our way, but when the season is over and the dust settles, we are left surrounded with "What could have been" excuses.

Then it's, "Wait til next year!".

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
We deserve this national disrespect. We have earned it.
I don't like it any more than you, but if YOU DON'T WIN THE BIG GAMES, you get no respect.

WE DO NOT WIN THE BIG GAMES!!

When we have control of our own destiny (and we've had that plenty of seasons in the Gundy years) we ultimately lose it.
We have NOT learned how to win when we're supposed to win.
We have learned we can win the game, but when it's our game to lose -- we find a way.

Disgusting and defeatist, but true.

We are not at the next level in our recruiting or coaching mentality.
We are NOT an elite program.
We, are in that group of Michigan, aTm, Auburn type schools that like to think of ourselves as capable of a NC if things go our way, but when the season is over and the dust settles, we are left surrounded with "What could have been" excuses.

Then it's, "Wait til next year!".

Uh, ISU was a bigger game than UT. UT is middle of the pack and wasn't nearly as good offensively or defensively as the team we played last week.

Texas is going to finish the conference 6-4.

The thought that we will need to beat OU to get into the Championship game is probably correct, though there are plenty of outs if we don't.

Sep 9, 2013
Oklahoma State will get to the ccg even with a loss to OU.

WVU will beat either Texas or Iowa State. Not both, but it wont lose to both either.

A 3rd loss by texas gets you in, and a 2nd loss by ISU gets you in(head to head).

Jan 14, 2006
Injuries on the O-line will determine the rest of our season. They're already being held together by duct tape and baling wire. Dickey is a wizard and the guys are playing hard but we're close to running out of dudes.

Nov 14, 2010
Oklahoma State will get to the ccg even with a loss to OU.

WVU will beat either Texas or Iowa State. Not both, but it wont lose to both either.

A 3rd loss by texas gets you in, and a 2nd loss by ISU gets you in(head to head).
If you beat Iowa State, but lose to Texas and Texas has just 2 losses they are in if we lose to OU.

In that scenario it would be OU vs Texas in the CCG

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Uh, ISU was a bigger game than UT. UT is middle of the pack and wasn't nearly as good offensively or defensively as the team we played last week.

Texas is going to finish the conference 6-4.

The thought that we will need to beat OU to get into the Championship game is probably correct, though there are plenty of outs if we don't.
We're definitely going to need to beat OU in order to get in. OU will cruise easily until they play us. Iowa State has baylor, WVU, Texas, and K-state. ISU is sitting pretty and should win out. Bedlam has become a play-in game, which is worse case scenario for us.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Most likely:
ISU is in with a win over Texas
The winner of Bedlam is in against Iowa St.

However, the meltdown scenario would be:
- Texas beats ISU
- OU beats OSU.
- OSU/ISU/OU/TX would all end tied with 2 losses.
- By virtue of head-to-head tiebreaker, the CCG would be OU vs Texas.

Oct 6, 2012
We're definitely going to need to beat OU in order to get in. OU will cruise easily until they play us. Iowa State has baylor, WVU, Texas, and K-state. ISU is sitting pretty and should win out. Bedlam has become a play-in game, which is worse case scenario for us.
Texas-Iowa St could be a big game for us. I think Iowa St is much better than Texas but you never know what the Big 12 officials will do to help Texas win a game.

Unfortunately I think we will be watching the CCG game at home again. I think it will likely come down to bedlam and It is just hard for me to see us beating ou with Mike Gundy as our coach. Prove me wrong coach, I dare you :D

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
although OU looks like they're struggling.....they tend to play their best ball in November, and if they ride the ship, I expect them to be in the mix. After all, they've already played 2 of the better teams in the conference in Iowa State and KSU. The rest of their games are winnable assuming they take care of the mishaps. In terms of beating OU...it's just one of those things...."I'll believe it when I see it". We've been the better team before, and still managed to catch that L. I like where we sit, but we got a long way to go.
This year we have a defense to rattle Rattler or any other quarterback. That is the difference. We have an offense but we have had offense plenty of the other years. This year is different.
FYI — the term is “RIGHT the ship”, not ride.
You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Most likely:
ISU is in with a win over Texas
The winner of Bedlam is in against Iowa St.

However, the meltdown scenario would be:
- Texas beats ISU
- OU beats OSU.
- OSU/ISU/OU/TX would all end tied with 2 losses.
- By virtue of head-to-head tiebreaker, the CCG would be OU vs Texas.
Old news. Discussion covering that scenario started 2 weeks ago. See post 96

Last edited:

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
So, I know it helps OSU more for West Virginia to beat Texas today. But, there is a big part of me that really wants to see Texas in the CCG. I’m torn on who to pull for in this game.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
So, I know it helps OSU more for West Virginia to beat Texas today. But, there is a big part of me that really wants to see Texas in the CCG. I’m torn on who to pull for in this game.

I'd rather texas just not make the CCG and continue to mire in suckage
Good point. I’ll take joy in the fact that Tom Herman continues to suck and they still won’t be able to get rid of him this year due to COVID depleting funds.

Go WVU!

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK

It doesn’t matter but I am the same boat as you. I think it’s better overall for Texas to win. Why?

If we beat Texas in CCG, what does that say about OSU? The only loss we have is Texas but a month later we beat them in a rematch. I wonder what the committee would think.

Dec 11, 2011
I want to see Texas win out for three reasons.
1. Revenge
2. If we do our part, OU gets left out
3. In the eyes of any potential playoff scenario, we redeem our only loss. The precedent has been set (I know this means little if $$$ is a stake) that the committee will give more leeway to a team that beats the team they lost to if they get the chance.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2011
It doesn’t matter but I am the same boat as you. I think it’s better overall for Texas to win. Why?

If we beat Texas in CCG, what does that say about OSU? The only loss we have is Texas but a month later we beat them in a rematch. I wonder what the committee would think.
I'd love for us to put them in the situation where they have to show their cards. Either we get in, or this whole thing gets blown up to add more teams.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO

I guess I’ve given up on the Playoff. No way a 1 loss OSU gets in. So, I’ve moved on to just winning the Big XII. But, I do want revenge against Texas. I think we are 14 points better than them and I’d rather play them again than ISU or OU.

I’ve also decided that it is unlikely this Texas team makes it through the rest of their schedule without a loss anyway, even if they win today. They just aren’t good.

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
I guess I’ve given up on the Playoff. No way a 1 loss OSU gets in. So, I’ve moved on to just winning the Big XII. But, I do want revenge against Texas. I think we are 14 points better than them and I’d rather play them again than ISU or OU.

I’ve also decided that it is unlikely this Texas team makes it through the rest of their schedule without a loss anyway, even if they win today. They just aren’t good.

I just don't want to play OU twice. other than that, I'd feel confident about the pokes beating anyone else in the CCG.

but more than anything, i REALLY don't want an OU/TX CCG