Big-12 Title picture...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Try this scenario on for size. (Btw, it’s not totally impossible)

OU wins out (good chance)
UT wins out (not impossible)
ISUs only remaining loss is UT (reasonably possible)
OSU loses to OU and UT (reasonably possible)

Thus there is a 4-way tie at 7-2. Record against the teams tied - OU and UT will be 2-1, OSU and ISU will be 1-2.

CCG: OU v UT

Yuk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not going to happen. You’re leaving out K-State who has already beaten OU, is still undefeated in Big 12 play and has owned Texas of late. ISU has also already beaten OU so tied with them they own the tie-breaker based on head to head. There is an infinitesimal chance Texas goes undefeated the rest of the way.

What you’ve described is the most unlikely scenario of all possible scenarios. Just win baby and everything takes care of itself! I don’t care who we play in Arlington!

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Thus there is a 4-way tie at 7-2. Record against the teams tied - OU and UT will be 2-1, OSU and ISU will be 1-2.

Yuk

Not going to happen. You’re leaving out K-State who has already beaten OU, is still undefeated in Big 12 play and has owned Texas of late. ISU has also already beaten OU so tied with them they own the tie-breaker based on head to head. There is an infinitesimal chance Texas goes undefeated the rest of the way.

What you’ve described is the most unlikely scenario of all possible scenarios. Just win baby and everything takes care of itself! I don’t care who we play in Arlington!
How am I leaving out kstate? If it plays out as I described (which is the only scenario I addressed) kstate winds up with at least 3 losses. BTW, Im in no way predicting it.

BTW2: according to ESPN, both OU and UT have a greater than 50% chance of winning each of their remaining games. And ISU and OSU have greater than 50% chance of winning each of their remaining games except vs OU and UT. So technically, the above is the single most likely scenario according to ESPNs predictor analysis.

Thanks for promoting the research.

Last edited:

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
How am I leaving out kstate? If it plays out as I described (which is the only scenario I addressed) kstate winds up with at least 3 losses. BTW, Im in no way predicting it.

BTW2: according to ESPN, both OU and UT have a greater than 50% chance of winning each of their remaining games. And ISU and OSU have greater than 50% chance of winning each of their remaining games except vs OU and UT. So technically, the above is the single most likely scenario according to ESPNs predictor analysis.

Thanks for promoting the research.

That would be ESPN trying to promote their favorite Big 12 team. OU and UT each need another loss to take them out of their misery.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
KSU isn't left out in this scenario. They would have 3 losses.

However I agree with you. Texass isn't winning out. They will lose at least 2 more games this season, possibly 3 (vs OSU, KSU, and ISU). And I don't see KSU losing each of their remaining games.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
k-state has to have continued development by their freshman qb, will howard. if he plays better from game-to-game, then the cats will be a load for both isu and oSu. oSu is slightly advantaged today but only by a smidge having beaten the cyclones. their backloaded schedule with games at unfriendly manhattan and norman will be a serious challenge even for the talent-rich pokes. but they remain my favorite to win the b12. #emaw

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
k-state has to have continued development by their freshman qb, will howard. if he plays better from game-to-game, then the cats will be a load for both isu and oSu. oSu is slightly advantaged today but only by a smidge having beaten the cyclones. their backloaded schedule with games at unfriendly manhattan and norman will be a serious challenge even for the talent-rich pokes. but they remain my favorite to win the b12. #emaw
Agreed. We have games to win before we play for the conference lead. Should be a great game, even better if we both win this week.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Clear top 4. Then Texas. After that, which of WVU, TCU, Baylor, and Tech, are the most likely to get an upset over the top end?

What’s the more likely upset next week?
Neers over Kstate
Or
Tech over 0U

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
We’re looking to play for the National title.

If OU has to get curbstomped twice to accomplish that. So freaking be it. We need to win. We’re going to beat some team twice. IDGAF who it is.

OU is historically strong, but currently mediocre. Also, their home field advantage is nullified with attendance reductions.

They ain’t special. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Let’s decide to do that this year.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com

Yuk

Oklahoma is not a good team. One more loss and they’ll tune out.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Was listening to college sports Sunday on XM, they had some writer on and the question was who deserves that 4th playoff spot out of Georgia, Notre Dame and Oklahoma State. First thing the guy said was; well it's not Oklahoma State.

He then went on to say that A&M was actually the most likely. They could finish 9-1, not have to play in the SEC title game, and then if bama beats georgia again, they'll be the highest rated sec team.

We are going to be Rodney Dangerfield this year.....no respect no respect at all. I guess it's good to even be included in the question at this point, even if we are immediately dismissed in the answer.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Was listening to college sports Sunday on XM, they had some writer on and the question was who deserves that 4th playoff spot out of Georgia, Notre Dame and Oklahoma State. First thing the guy said was; well it's not Oklahoma State.

He then went on to say that A&M was actually the most likely. They could finish 9-1, not have to play in the SEC title game, and then if bama beats georgia again, they'll be the highest rated sec team.

We are going to be Rodney Dangerfield this year.....no respect no respect at all. I guess it's good to even be included in the question at this point, even if we are immediately dismissed in the answer.
Yeah, I think he was totally off base. IMO, a 10-1 B12 champ gets in over a 9-1 non-conference, non-division champion.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Clear top 4. Then Texas. After that, which of WVU, TCU, Baylor, and Tech, are the most likely to get an upset over the top end?

What’s the more likely upset next week?
Neers over Kstate
Or
Tech over 0U

WVU is not the dog. I'm a little surprised that one opened at WVU -5.
Woah, good call.

It does seem like a bad match up for Kstate with WVU’s Dlinemen, but I don’t see how anyone could trust them at all after losing to Tech who looks to be the clear 9th place team.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Yeah, I think he was totally off base. IMO, a 10-1 B12 champ gets in over a 9-1 non-conference, non-division champion.

Unless the name on your jersey is Bama . . . (see 2011)
But A&M won't get in over us in that scenario.
Of course that is impossible this year, but I get your point.