Big-12 Title picture...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
No I didn't. I ignored Texas. Texas isn't going to win their next six games.
First, I agree. What looked like a down game that they managed to pull off thanks to a Tech gift looks more like their DNA, again. Ehlinger's a great try hard guy, but he's not elevating a team by himself.

Secondly, how hot's the seat in Austin now? They're staring at yet another disappointing season, & it's not halfway over yet.

Third, what's the climate like within the team now? Losing sucks, to begin with, but now the AD comes out & the tradition of singing Eyes of Texas to the fans is once again an issue, but in the middle of the season this time. I can't imagine Tom Herman's real fond of Del Conte drawing a line in the sand over this, while they're clearly struggling already.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Instead of dropping the Big 12 Championship game in 2011 and then picking it back up in 2017.

There would have been 18 teams play in 9 games from 2011 - 2019.

There would have been no teams qualify with three losses.

Only 1 team would have qualified with 0 losses.

Six teams qualified with 2 losses.

Eleven teams had 1 loss.

OSU would have qualified for the Championship game in 2011, 2015, and 2016.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Instead of dropping the Big 12 Championship game in 2011 and then picking it back up in 2017.

There would have been 18 teams play in 9 games from 2011 - 2019.

There would have been no teams qualify with three losses.

Only 1 team would have qualified with 0 losses.

Six teams qualified with 1 loss.

Eleven teams had 1 loss.

OSU would have qualified for the Championship game in 2011, 2015, and 2016.
2013?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
No I didn't. I ignored Texas. Texas isn't going to win their next six games.
First, I agree. What looked like a down game that they managed to pull off thanks to a Tech gift looks more like their DNA, again. Ehlinger's a great try hard guy, but he's not elevating a team by himself.

Secondly, how hot's the seat in Austin now? They're staring at yet another disappointing season, & it's not halfway over yet.

Third, what's the climate like within the team now? Losing sucks, to begin with, but now the AD comes out & the tradition of singing Eyes of Texas to the fans is once again an issue, but in the middle of the season this time. I can't imagine Tom Herman's real fond of Del Conte drawing a line in the sand over this, while they're clearly struggling already.
Regarding the required standing combined with the losses, bad defense and Ehlinger’s solo singing effort last week, I expect some dissent in the locker room. Herman has his hands full. I expect at least 2 or 3 more losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
although OU looks like they're struggling.....they tend to play their best ball in November, and if they ride the ship, I expect them to be in the mix. After all, they've already played 2 of the better teams in the conference in Iowa State and KSU. The rest of their games are winnable assuming they take care of the mishaps. In terms of beating OU...it's just one of those things...."I'll believe it when I see it". We've been the better team before, and still managed to catch that L. I like where we sit, but we got a long way to go.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
although OU looks like they're struggling.....they tend to play their best ball in November, and if they ride the ship, I expect them to be in the mix. After all, they've already played 2 of the better teams in the conference in Iowa State and KSU. The rest of their games are winnable assuming they take care of the mishaps. In terms of beating OU...it's just one of those things...."I'll believe it when I see it". We've been the better team before, and still managed to catch that L. I like where we sit, but we got a long way to go.
This year we have a defense to rattle Rattler or any other quarterback. That is the difference. We have an offense but we have had offense plenty of the other years. This year is different.

Nov 18, 2010
OU has had some key players sitting out for the first half of the season. Not sure when they get them back, but they could shore up their defense. Still, not a premium OU team, but we haven't exactly been perfect out there and OU still has plenty of talent.

That said, Iowa State could just as easily win the whole thing. They already have OU out of the way.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
There is only one Big 12 game today, KU vs West Virginia. Thanks a lot, Baylor, scum of the conference.

They won’t play football but they can do this. This is why they can’t play football. Lack of institutional control.
https://twitter.com/BUFootball/status/1317295768798220289

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK

I agree with all three of those points.

I think the past 3 games have really shown how to defend Ehlinger is to make him sit in the pocket while taking away the short routes. He's more likely to beat you with his legs and not his arm. They don't yet have a big play receiver who's going to make a clutch play on third down.

Apr 7, 2006
It's like some of you have been watching a different OU team from me.

In 3 games they've had 8 turnovers, ~280 yards in penalties, played really bad defense at time, played poor on the Oline at times and benched their QB to try and settle him down. If you can take anything away from comparing scores- they haven't played competition far different than what they'll see the rest of the way.

I see very little chance of them running the table which is what they have to do to have any chance.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
This year we have a defense to rattle Rattler or any other quarterback. That is the difference. We have an offense but we have had offense plenty of the other years. This year is different.
Teams improve as the season progresses...I don’t if OU will, but again reputation has shown over the past decade they play their best ball in November....our defense is good, and we’ll find out more in the next 3 games IMO. I’m not ready to crown them just yet after playing 2 teams with “average” offenses and Kansas who’s complete dog shit...Bixby’s defense could stop that offense.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
My Crystal Ball.
1. OSU 8-1 (OU in Norman, Hope I’m wrong)
2. OU 7-2 (Do enough to finish close games)
3. UT 6-3 (Loss to OSU)
4. ISU 6-3 (Loss to OSU, UT, TCU)
5. KSU 5-4 (Loss to UT, ISU, OSU, WVU)
6. TCU 5-4 (Loss to OU, OSU,)
7. WVU 4-5 (Loss to OU, ISU, UT, TCU)
8. BU 2-7 if they play(win over Tech and KU)
9. Tech 1-8 ( at least they beat ku)
10. KU 0-9 (No explanation necessary)

OSU Beats OU in the CCG and goes on to a non-playoff BCS bowl.

* There is probably some mathematical impossibilities in my prediction, too lazy to look up but I see something like this.

** Expecting something unexpected to completely blow this...

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I have a lot more belief in OU and UT than y’all do. The way I look at it, either team is maybe 1 play per game from being undefeated / 1 loss. Both had a sloppy turnover at the worst time. They clean those up, they could make a charge for the Big12 CCG.