Big-12 Title picture...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Half the Big-12 already has 2 conference losses and we can expect Baylor and West Virginia to join that group shortly.

That leaves Okla State, Iowa State, and Kansas State undefeated in conference with the inside track to the Big-12 Championship Game. Key games:

* Oct 24th Oklahoma State vs Iowa State. Winner probably is in the CCG.

The loser on Oct 24th has to "play-in" by winning either.
* Nov 7th Oklahoma State @ Kansas State, or
* Nov 21st Iowa State vs Kansas State.

The team that goes 0-2 in those 3 games is out. With the injury to Skylar Thompson, I fear that team will be KSU.

So my guess is:
OSU goes 2-0
ISU goes 1-1
KSU goes 0-2

That puts OSU vs ISU in the CCG.

Apr 7, 2006
I'm guessing all 3 (OSU, ISU, KSU) will lose at least once. OU will be out of it only because they'll slip up once more. They aren't playing clean football and they're trying to run their offense through a freshman QB prone to errors.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We still play a lot of decent and good teams...every team has a chance to beat us, but we SHOULD win ever game. Which will it be? Too soon to know...and a ton of it is based on how we handle this extremely weird year.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Lot of games left. Still pretty much anyone's race except kansas and tech at this point. We need to beat both ou and ut to ensure they are out of it. Lose either one of those and we would be on the outside of the tie breaker if we drop another one. I would prefer to see absolute carnage in the conference and might just start pulling for whoever has the fewest losses....pave the way for the Pokes.

oldguy

Wrangler
Sep 12, 2008
Lot of games left. Still pretty much anyone's race except kansas and tech at this point. We need to beat both ou and ut to ensure they are out of it. Lose either one of those and we would be on the outside of the tie breaker if we drop another one. I would prefer to see absolute carnage in the conference and might just start pulling for whoever has the fewest losses....pave the way for the Pokes.
There are potentially lots of games left.. Baylor has already cancelled 3 games. SEC is starting to cancel games. Cowboys just have to win every game until the season ends.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Exactly.
While we have a leg up on KU and WVU, we can still find ourselves tied or behind any of the other 9 teams come season’s end. Lots of football left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Here are the remaining games for a few teams. I was surprised at the predictions (from ESPN) for KSU.

Iowa State
OSU (L)
BU (W)
KSU (W)
UT (L)
WVU (W)

Kansas State
KU (W)
WVU (L)
OSU (L)
ISU (L)
BU (L)
UT (L)

Oklahoma State
ISU (W)
UT (W)
KSU (W)
OU (L)
TTU (W)
TCU (W)
BU (W)

Oklahoma
TCU (W)
KU (W)
OSU (W)
WVU (W)
BU (W)

IF the favored team wins these games, then it would be OSU and ISU in the CCG. We'll have 1 loss, Texas will have 3, while ISU and OU have 2, and ISU owns the tie breaker over OU.

At this point I think we know more about most of the other teams in the Big XII than ours. I'm not sure I see ISU losing to UT. If KSU still had Skylar Thompson, I think 3 of those predicted losses would be listed as wins. As far as OU goes, they could definitely end the regular season at 8-2 and will most likely move up, passing KSU.

For the Cowboys, we'll know more after we play the Cyclones. Could we win out? If we're going to do it, this is the best chance we've had in years.

There's a lot of games left to play and there is certainly an upset or two in the games above. GO POKES!

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
I frankly see an 8-1 champion or co-champions. Either ISU or oSu will have a huge advantage next Saturday after beating the next best team in the league. From there even losing one will be somewhat surprising particularly if it's ISU already having OU in the rearview mirror.

And suggesting K-State is no longer a player in all this is dumb. I don't see them winning the championship but they'll certainly have a say in who does. Cats are solid in all three phases of the game with defense being their mainstay.