Big 12 Rankings week 5

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
If you knew, or cared, how many freshmen and true freshman WVU is starting this year on both sides of the ball, plus a new qb who'd never played a game before, you'd have some inkling why Mizzou happened.

WVU has talent, but it's young inexperienced talent. And the oline has zero-00000000-depth, and that's thanks to your old oline coach who DH didnt take with him to Houston.

So WVU starts 3 freshmen on the oline. 3 at wr, 2 at safety, 1 alternates at nose(he's 17 years old).
No excuses, just saying a team this young and inexperienced, if well coached, will grow each week. Mizzou was a month ago. WVU has had 2 games and alot of practices since then. texas will have it's hands full Saturday. WVU may not win, but it will punch texas in the mouth. Count on it.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
If you knew, or cared, how many freshmen and true freshman WVU is starting this year on both sides of the ball, plus a new qb who'd never played a game before, you'd have some inkling why Mizzou happened.

WVU has talent, but it's young inexperienced talent. And the oline has zero-00000000-depth, and that's thanks to your old oline coach who DH didnt take with him to Houston.

So WVU starts 3 freshmen on the oline. 3 at wr, 2 at safety, 1 alternates at nose(he's 17 years old).
No excuses, just saying a team this young and inexperienced, if well coached, will grow each week. Mizzou was a month ago. WVU has had 2 games and alot of practices since then. texas will have it's hands full Saturday. WVU may not win, but it will punch texas in the mouth. Count on it.
Now he's just our old oline coach? I'm almost 99% positive you made some posts bragging on that guy in his first season or 2 with you guys. Anyway, you'll find zero people on this board who will argue in favor of him. Eventually burns each school he coaches at. Welcome to our world after he left us.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK

I think you need to go back and reread your own posts...you're arguing for the other side.
If WV is sooooo young and inexperienced then...they aren't very good (yet). It's like saying a battery in the package is putting out more energy than a battery currently in the taser. One is getting the job done the other has potential but isnt doing anything. Therefore, Capt transitive property, your team isn't highly ranked at this time.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL

Now he's just our old oline coach? I'm almost 99% positive you made some posts bragging on that guy in his first season or 2 with you guys. Anyway, you'll find zero people on this board who will argue in favor of him. Eventually burns each school he coaches at. Welcome to our world after he left us.
No kidding. I feel like this is the first year we have finally cycled out all the problems Wick created for us. Between his subpar recruiting efforts and our struggle to find the next good coach, our OL is back to being an asset instead of a liability. 5 years later. So WVU might have a few years to recover from Wick’s wake too. Good luck to ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

But you said you should be rated higher due to beating TCU last year? Yet you lost to Mizzou because you have inexperienced players? Come on bud. You can’t have it both ways. Pick one ( I wish I hadn’t said that New lame excuse on its way)

Oct 30, 2007

So WVU is just like lots of college teams, OSU for one.

Of course you had that guy you clocked at 90 mph.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ostateim

3rd Doctor in Spies Like Us
A/V Subscriber
Sep 2, 2008
Enid
Cool.....so KSU was your #2 last week, they got manhandled and now are #7. The reality is OU is #1. OSU and Texas are a group behind. Baylor/ISU/KSU are in a group behind that. Nobody else is worth talking about.
Already crowning the goons, huh?

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The Mizzou loss on the road the 2nd game of the season, wasnt a bad loss. They curbstomped South Carolina on the road, who just curb stomped ky.

No way you can rank TCU ahead of WVU. WVU drubbed them last year, and TCU doesnt look improved. Beating purdue doesnt equal beating nc state, who many said/say is a top 2-4 team in the ACC, and WVU doesnt have a loss at home, much less a bad loss.

Iowa state cant be ranked with wvu either. dont have a nc state quality win. Hell they dont have a james madison quality win.

TT is a joke. WVU beat Kansas @ Kansas. Kstate doesnt pass the eye test when faced with a big 12 offense-just like last year.

lest we forget:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFfgnzsGngM

I can logically see ranking 3-1 WVU as low as 5th, and to not look like a homer, i have done so. When WVU upsets texas, like it usually does, look for a jump.
Lol you do recall that Oklahoma State beat both WVU and Texas last year...with a lessor team...right?

Dec 6, 2011
Don’t understand why y’all arguing with him. If this is the conference ranking thread then just make your own list with WVU at or close to the bottom...then don’t engage his replies:

1 OU: They may legit have yet another Heisman QB, and history is on their side to yet again win the conference. I look forward to watching them get their sh*t pushed in via the CFP but unlike us, they have multiple receiving threats to spread the ball around.

2 Texas: Outside of OU I don’t see a game on their slate that they should play as a dog, the purple wizard isn’t here anymore to grind them to pieces unexpectedly and they passed a big test beating us. Stood toe to toe with LSU In a game I watched start to finish. Ingram hitting his stride now.

GAP...pretty clear where strength and weaknesses lie, could be exploited by a team with a good game plan and the athletes to execute it

3 OSU: Was honestly surprised how well we handled KSU and am glad sanders had a freshman game at a time we just paved the way for Chuba. I have faith our OC will keep trying to develop playmakers at WR outside of Wallace, but a team like TCU that has the horses to execute the Texas defensive gameplan of doubling Wallace and clogging the lane could bring us down a level, but for now we are in our own bracket below the big dogs.

GAP...in the ‘not yet sold’ realm

4 Baylor: Based on preseason they have the next best ‘quality win’ against ISU and are undefeated, their offense was piss against ISU but eeked out a win. I’d say defensively improved but Iowa State is no juggernaut outside Purdy.

5 KSU: Only below Baylor because they have a loss. May have just been MSU but a true road win against a middling SEC is still one of the signature conference wins and their coach is a proven winner, with a style that’ll grind down teams below them. Score against osu was misleading, they got blown out in the most significant conference game of the weekend...that no one saw.

6 TCU: The loss to a Boo-led SMU team is looking less like a fluke as the season progresses. Fatterson always has a dialed in defense that’ll bite someone. This game has me worried since we are barely 2D on offense until we scheme in someone to catch passes besides Wallace and Sanders learns to use his legs or throw the ball away more.

7 ISU: Never been sold on these guys. Mounted a big rally against the rapists but still fell short. Then again the espn matchup predictor gives them a 60% chance to beat us, and Purdy has only tossed like 2 picks all season against sanders 5...and it’s in Aimes where dreams go to die. Zero quality wins.

GAP...legit, serious issues that have been exposed repeatedly

8 TTU: Without Bowman these guys are pedestrian at best. Getting eviscerated by OU is nothing to be ashamed about, but I went to take a crap and it was 14-0 OU.

9 WVU: Hi Nolaeer...let’s see how you measure up against Texas. You’ll be at home with a chance to move up into the next grouping but I expect Sam to pick the secondary apart and Ingram/RoJo to put up 200+ yards on the ground in a workman victory.

GAP...ncaa penalty box (where Baylor deserves to be)

10 Kansas: Here until proven otherwise. Barely lost to WVU but got decimated by TCU, which I think is telling.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
I have to appreciate Nolaeer's fanatical optimism....

However, from my viewpoint.

- (according to Massey Ratings), Every team left on the WVU schedule is better than anyone you've defeated yet THIS year. So there is certainly some room for concern about how each and every one of those games are going to go.

- My personal projections have WVU joining Tx Tech and Kansas home for the holidays this year watching the other 7 Big-12 teams play in Bowls.

I guess we'll see whose viewpoint proves more accurate...

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I have to appreciate Nolaeer's fanatical optimism....

However, from my viewpoint.

- (according to Massey Ratings), Every team left on the WVU schedule is better than anyone you've defeated yet THIS year. So there is certainly some room for concern about how each and every one of those games are going to go.

- My personal projections have WVU joining Tx Tech and Kansas home for the holidays this year watching the other 7 Big-12 teams play in Bowls.

I guess we'll see whose viewpoint proves more accurate...
You’re wrong. WVU will get a bowl because they beat TCU last year

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Don’t understand why y’all arguing with him. If this is the conference ranking thread then just make your own list with WVU at or close to the bottom...then don’t engage his replies:

1 OU: They may legit have yet another Heisman QB, and history is on their side to yet again win the conference. I look forward to watching them get their sh*t pushed in via the CFP but unlike us, they have multiple receiving threats to spread the ball around.

2 Texas: Outside of OU I don’t see a game on their slate that they should play as a dog, the purple wizard isn’t here anymore to grind them to pieces unexpectedly and they passed a big test beating us. Stood toe to toe with LSU In a game I watched start to finish. Ingram hitting his stride now.

GAP...pretty clear where strength and weaknesses lie, could be exploited by a team with a good game plan and the athletes to execute it

3 OSU: Was honestly surprised how well we handled KSU and am glad sanders had a freshman game at a time we just paved the way for Chuba. I have faith our OC will keep trying to develop playmakers at WR outside of Wallace, but a team like TCU that has the horses to execute the Texas defensive gameplan of doubling Wallace and clogging the lane could bring us down a level, but for now we are in our own bracket below the big dogs.

4 Baylor: Based on preseason they have the next best ‘quality win’ against ISU and are undefeated, their offense was piss against ISU but eeked out a win. I’d say defensively improved but Iowa State is no juggernaut outside Purdy.

5 KSU: Only below Baylor because they have a loss. May have just been MSU but a true road win against a middling SEC is still one of the signature conference wins and their coach is a proven winner, with a style that’ll grind down teams below them. Score against osu was misleading, they got blown out in the most significant conference game of the weekend...that no one saw.

6 TCU: The loss to a Boo-led SMU team is looking less like a fluke as the season progresses. Fatterson always has a dialed in defense that’ll bite someone. This game has me worried since we are barely 2D on offense until we scheme in someone to catch passes besides Wallace and Sanders learns to use his legs or throw the ball away more.

7 ISU: Never been sold on these guys. Mounted a big rally against the rapists but still fell short. Then again the espn matchup predictor gives them a 60% chance to beat us, and Purdy has only tossed like 2 picks all season against sanders 5...and it’s in Aimes where dreams go to die. Zero quality wins.

8 TTU: Without Bowman these guys are pedestrian at best. Getting eviscerated by OU is nothing to be ashamed about, but I went to take a crap and it was 14-0 OU.

9 WVU: Hi Nolaeer...let’s see how you measure up against Texas. You’ll be at home with a chance to move up into the next grouping but I expect Sam to pick the secondary apart and Ingram/RoJo to put up 200+ yards on the ground in a workman victory.

10 Kansas: Here until proven otherwise. Barely lost to WVU but got decimated by TCU, which I think is telling.

I agree with you on most of this but argue with the placement of that first GAP. OSU gave UT all they wanted in Austin and lost by less than a TD. This was all while having questionable play calling on short yardage and red zone. I think these two teams are on par with each other, UT just happen to win that game. Now I haven’t seen anything to suggest OSU or UT are on par with OU at this point.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I agree with you on most of this but argue with the placement of that first GAP. OSU gave UT all they wanted in Austin and lost by less than a TD. This was all while having questionable play calling on short yardage and red zone. I think these two teams are on par with each other, UT just happen to win that game. Now I haven’t seen anything to suggest OSU or UT are on par with OU at this point.
Also we had several defensive starters out that we are now starting to get back and that could have made a difference in that Texas game.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
KSU favored by 2 1/2 over Baylor. That one is surprising to me.
The line actually opened at -3 or -3.5, I believe. Definitely surprised me even if KSU is getting them at home.

I think that goes to show that Vegas doesn’t believe much in Baylor’s defense and think that KSU can run well enough to keep the Baylor offense off the field.