Big 12 Rankings week 5

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
1. Oklahoma - Looks unstoppable:)

2. Texas -fought LSU tough, beat Cowboys

3. Baylor -not sold baylor is 3rd, but they're unbeaten for now

4. Oklahoma State Beating kstate and oregon state give the Cowboys wins over 2 power 5 teams.
Moreover, defense showed life, sanders made some throws, and the Cowboy Offense had too many weapons for a slow looking kstate.

5. West Virginia 3-1 with 2 power 5 wins. kansas is either really bad, or gave all it had against WVU. If the former, WVU is likely 8th, if the latter, there is hope.

6. TCU Yes, they drubbed kansas, but it was at home. Still lost to SMU and gave up gobs and gobs of points.

7. Kansas State -Well, well, well. Thats the kstate wvu beat 35-6 last year. Had me fooled bc of the win at miss state, but it turns out miss state is kansas bad. Same old kstate, looks too slow and cant keep pace.

8. Iowa State did jack squat until baylor had 2nd team in, but then gave baylor a scare. Nothing good about this team. they melt in the sun like chocolate. No toughness, no butler or montgomery. Could well finish dead last.

9. Kansas drubbed BC on the road and played WVU tough at home. that isnt a horrible resume for the 9th place team.

10. Texas tech. You dont fire KK. You dont fire KK when he throttles OSU in Stillwater. You dont fire KK when his season goes up in flames bc his top 2 qbs are out injured. In short, you dont fire KK if your tech bc who ya going to get?

Texas tech didnt just lose to arz and OU, they looked like they couldnt wait to go home on the bus. This team wont win another game. they're done. stick a fork in them.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
It's like that absolute ass kicking that WVU took from Mizzou (who lost to Wyoming) never happened because Nolaeer doesn't mention it in his rankings posts. Although he will post about past losses from the other teams.

Oct 30, 2007
1 ou duh
2 UT - if a scenario developed where they might face osu in conf champ Herman will be terrified
3T osu and Baylor, rapelor is unbeaten may not be here for long.
5 TcU bad loss but appropriately mud hole stomped KU
6 KSU can move up but 0-1 right now
7T isu oops; wvu here with a nail biter against KU may not be here for long.
9T TT and KU; Both have chances to move up just not very far.

Bottom four look shuffleable. KU kicking themselves for losing to wvu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2013
1 ou duh
2 UT - if a scenario developed where they might face osu in conf champ Herman will be terrified

The Mizzou loss on the road the 2nd game of the season, wasnt a bad loss. They curbstomped South Carolina on the road, who just curb stomped ky.

No way you can rank TCU ahead of WVU. WVU drubbed them last year, and TCU doesnt look improved. Beating purdue doesnt equal beating nc state, who many said/say is a top 2-4 team in the ACC, and WVU doesnt have a loss at home, much less a bad loss.

Iowa state cant be ranked with wvu either. dont have a nc state quality win. Hell they dont have a james madison quality win.

TT is a joke. WVU beat Kansas @ Kansas. Kstate doesnt pass the eye test when faced with a big 12 offense-just like last year.

lest we forget:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFfgnzsGngM

I can logically see ranking 3-1 WVU as low as 5th, and to not look like a homer, i have done so. When WVU upsets texas, like it usually does, look for a jump.

Last edited:

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
The Mizzou loss on the road the 2nd game of the season, wasnt a bad loss. They curbstomped South Carolina on the road, who just curb stomped ky.

No way you can rank TCU ahead of WVU. WVU drubbed them last year, and TCU doesnt look improved. Beating purdue doesnt equal beating nc state, who many said/say is a top 2-4 team in the ACC, and WVU doesnt have a loss at home, much less a bad loss.

Iowa state cant be ranked with wvu either. dont have a nc state quality win. Hell they dont have a james madison quality win.

TT is a joke. WVU beat Kansas @ Kansas. Kstate doesnt pass the eye test when faced with a big 12 offense-just like last year.

lest we forget:

I can logically see ranking 3-1 WVU as low as 5th, and to not look like a homer, i have done so. When WVU upsets texas, like it usually does, look for a jump.

Oct 30, 2007
1 ou duh

No way you can rank TCU ahead of WVU. WVU drubbed them last year, and TCU doesnt look improved. Beating purdue doesnt equal beating nc state, who many said/say is a top 2-4 team in the ACC, and WVU doesnt have a loss at home, much less a bad loss..
But I can and I did

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
38-7 wasn't a bad loss? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You're too much. If you want to play the transitive property game, Mizzou lost to Wyoming who lost to Tulsa.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
1 ou duh

lest we forget:

KState drubbed us last year also. Ranking are based on this year.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Cool.....so KSU was your #2 last week, they got manhandled and now are #7. The reality is OU is #1. OSU and Texas are a group behind. Baylor/ISU/KSU are in a group behind that. Nobody else is worth talking about.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Massey's has WVU 6th in the big 12, so id be off by 1(you guys by more).

WVU is a 9 point dog to texas(you guys lost by 6-could been a lot worse than 9 points).

Just saying.

take of those orange goggles.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fbs/ratings
Massey also has TCU 10 spots ahead of WVU, but according to you there is no way that could be true.

I know we’re feeding the troll, but it’s fun to feed logic into the troll and watch the cognitive dissonance come spewing out.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Massey's has WVU 6th in the big 12, so id be off by 1(you guys by more).

WVU is a 9 point dog to texas(you guys lost by 6-could been a lot worse than 9 points).

Just saying.

take off those orange goggles.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fbs/ratings
You guys play Texas within 9 and then come talk. UT gonna run away with that game something in the neighborhood of 36-13.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

lest we forget:

I can logically see monkeys fly out your butt...
Missouri sucks...ask teams that Tulsa beat
Mississippi State beat Kentucky...btw.
As far as KSU is concerned, their problem last night wasn't a Big 12 offense...it was an SEC style Defense. (not joking look at the stats vs KSU and Texas).