Big 12 Player of the Award Announced

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Chuba just won offensive player of the year in the Big 12. See the complete list at big12sports.com.
Spencer got Offensive Freshman of the Year.

Personally, I feel Trace Ford should have received Defensive Freshman of the Year. He was a beast and played all over the field.

PF5

Wrangler
Jan 3, 2014
Spencer got Offensive Freshman of the Year.

Personally, I feel Trace Ford should have received Defensive Freshman of the Year. He was a beast and played all over the field.
Trace was a beast this year...he didn't win def. Fresh. of year, but has the initials DL and DFoY next to name...what does that mean? Def. Fresh. of Year for OSU?

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Harvell-Peel won First String Defensive Back. That is awesome. Can we clone him?

Amen Ogbongbemiga and Malcolm Rodriguez we’re second team linebackers. Good for them.

The following were Honorable Mention.
Matt Ammendola (PK & STPoY), Israel Antwine (DL & DNoY), Trace Ford (DL & DFoY), A.J. Green (DB), Kolby Harvell-Peel (DPoY),
Tom Hutton (P), Teven Jenkins (OL), Marcus Keyes (OL), Tre Sterling (DB), Dillon Stoner (WR & KR/PR), Johnny Wilson (OL), Jelani Woods (TE)

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
One quick thought. Zero lineman (O or D) on the 1st or 2nd team. That has to change if we want to challenge for the conference title... especially on O. Is it recruiting, coaching, development? I don't know but I hope Gundy takes a hard look at that in the off season.

I'll add here that the Dline was young and improved a lot over the season, I'm not too worried about that. But Oline continues to be the biggest concern for me in the program....seems like going on 5 years now.

Jan 14, 2006
One quick thought. Zero lineman (O or D) on the 1st or 2nd team. That has to change if we want to challenge for the conference title... especially on O. Is it recruiting, coaching, development? I don't know but I hope Gundy takes a hard look at that in the off season.

I'll add here that the Dline was young and improved a lot over the season, I'm not too worried about that. But Oline continues to be the biggest concern for me in the program....seems like going on 5 years now.
Pro Football focus had Jenkins and Keyes as 1st team. I think that the injuries in the middle of the season affected the whole line because they had to shuffle so much.
https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-2019-pff-all-big-12-team

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Well we do have the new offensive line coach from KSU who was a Snyder longterm assistant. I think this bodes well for the future of the Oline.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City

Yeah I was actually pretty surprised about Jenkins and Keyes not getting more love. I think our O Line is pretty solid at the moment and will be for years to come. I'm more worried about the D Line but they were pretty young.

Jan 14, 2006
Yeah I was actually pretty surprised about Jenkins and Keyes not getting more love. I think our O Line is pretty solid at the moment and will be for years to come. I'm more worried about the D Line but they were pretty young.
You don't have the country's leading rusher without a good line. Coach Henson started the uptick in OL recruiting and Coach Dickey has done a great job taking it to the next level on the field, while continuing to recruit well.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
You don't have the country's leading rusher without a good line. Coach Henson started the uptick in OL recruiting and Coach Dickey has done a great job taking it to the next level on the field, while continuing to recruit well.
Joe Bob Clements has done a decent job with the DL as well. We just need more depth with both sides of the line so injuries don’t affect us so much. I’m hopeful our lines will be stronger next year with the experience they gained this year. Recruiting will be key down the road though.