Big 12 games, week 12.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
No. you're next to texas where it's hot.
When I think of Oklahoma weather i picture a western where a guy is stumbling across a scorching desert with no water. his horse drops dead first, and then he falls down trying to stagger up a sand dune with a blistered face and dies staring skyward as blowing sand fills his mouth.
HA. Joke's on you. We manage to keep cool in the shade of our tee pees...

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I remember one morning in 1979 when it was 6 below zero with a 35 mph north wind. I was out feeding some yearlings. Damned bone chilling cold.
The only yearlings I ever fed are the two legged kind and when it's that cold us city folk don't go outside...Unless it's from our car to the office.
Much respect.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
When I think of Oklahoma weather i picture a western where a guy is stumbling across a scorching desert with no water. his horse drops dead first, and then he falls down trying to stagger up a sand dune with a blistered face and dies staring skyward as blowing sand fills his mouth.
Oh, so you've been to Guymon?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Oklahoma has the most miles of shoreline in the US. It’s far from a desert and it gets cold in the winter sometimes.

Dec 11, 2011
No no no, wrong Big XII locale; you’re thinking of Lubbock