Big 12 football week 14

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I wish we had played UT after their players threw in the towel on the season.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
These two losses make it a C for Gundy this year. TTech is a very very very very very very very very bad football team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we were about -9 in turnovers for those 2 games. Not sure how much of that is coaching, but it was a bad stretch.

Nov 14, 2010
The Big 12 was pretty bad this year

4 teams ended up with losing records, and 2 others will end up with just 7 wins.

If we lose tomorrow we will have beaten 1 team with 7 wins and 1 with 8, then no one else with even a .500 record.

Well... unless Oregon State beats Oregon and if you want to include McNeese State who is 7-5

Puts things into more of a dissapointing perspecrive

I'm really glad Tech and TCU will not be bowl eligible.

That should be a help in recruiting

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2010
This. But I was torn, thinking about recruiting vs having another Big 12 team in a bowl game, which would bring more money in for the conference. I'll take the recruiting, if we can capitalize
It also reduces OU's chamces of winning any kind of tie breaker for the playoffs which warms my heart.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
The Big 12 was pretty bad this year

4 teams ended up with losing records, and 2 others will end up with just 7 wins.

If we lose tomorrow we will have beaten 1 team with 7 wins and 1 with 8, then no one else with even a .500 record.

Well... unless Oregon State beats Oregon and if you want to include McNeese State who is 7-5

Puts things into more of a dissapointing perspecrive

I'm really glad Tech and TCU will not be bowl eligible.

That should be a help in recruiting
I agree. The big 12 did suck this year. Anyone that tries to argue otherwise is just being a homer.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
I agree. The big 12 did suck this year. Anyone that tries to argue otherwise is just being a homer.
Hmmm...SEC this year to date winning percent is 58%. Big 12 is 57%. I see what you mean; SEC must suck this year too. Very similar to us - a relatively few teams generated a lot of the wins and the rest were mediocre to bad.

"You are what your record says you are."
- Bill Parcells, NFL coach

Last edited:

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Hmmm...SEC this year to date winning percent is 58%. Big 12 is 57%. I see what you mean; SEC must suck this year too.
The top 4 SEC teams would mop the floor with the top 4 big 12 teams. And I fully expected that someone would break out some kind of stat like that. Like when Glen Spencer and Glen Spencer sunshine pumpers would break out stats to prove that our defense was somehow actually good.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
The top 4 SEC teams would mop the floor with the top 4 big 12 teams. And I fully expected that someone would break out some kind of stat like that. Like when Glen Spencer and Glen Spencer sunshine pumpers would break out stats to prove that our defense was somehow actually good.
The "stat", or fact is that the SEC played as weak of an overall non-con schedule as the Big 12 and did about the same. Head to head in the bowls will be interesting.