Big 12 Bowl games

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Everyone is an underdog vs SEC!!!
Everyone is an underdog vs the SEC and then the SEC decides if they care enough to show up for the game or not. Sometimes they'll throw all the little guys a bone for self esteem purposes and let them win a game every once in while. Constant world domination gets boring, give the pee ons a chance to shine and feel good about themselves.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Bet they take a long look at the practice of having live animals at sporting events. I’m surprised something like this or worse hasn’t happened already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well...dogs aren't a huge deal. They're small, relatively speaking. I know that Memphis brings out a tiger, however, he's in a little holding tank enclosure and can't get to anybody. I still think it's a really crappy way to treat an animal.

As far as Bevo? Definitely shouldn't bring a longhorn to a game. That's just plain dumb.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Well...dogs aren't a huge deal. They're small, relatively speaking. I know that Memphis brings out a tiger, however, he's in a little holding tank enclosure and can't get to anybody. I still think it's a really crappy way to treat an animal.

As far as Bevo? Definitely shouldn't bring a longhorn to a game. That's just plain dumb.
Actually, I'm thinking they shouldn't bring stupid reporters with their stupid ideas to get closeup photos of a little dog with all their little flash cameras right in front of a large longhorn steer.

They should do that in the Memphis Tiger Tank.

Apr 14, 2008
Texas

I'm guessing you're against Ralphie then.

Ralphie is the best live animal mascot...period.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
I live here and have thought for decades that Ralphie is a disaster waiting to happen. A 1,500 pound animal with a brain the size of a walnut, what could go wrong?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I live here and have thought for decades that Ralphie is a disaster waiting to happen. A 1,500 pound animal with a brain the size of a walnut, what could go wrong?
I have to agree, there are show cattle, but not show buffaloes. I helped a guy load buffalo one day, rodeo does not describe those things hitting to front end of the trailer.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Also they can clear a 5' fence, they're territorial and aggressive. I would imagine that Ralphie is a steer.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Also they can clear a 5' fence, they're territorial and aggressive. I would imagine that Ralphie is a steer.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Big like a cow, athletic like a deer. If ralphie didn’t like his situation, he would not be in it.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I'm guessing you're against Ralphie then.

Ralphie is the best live animal mascot...period.
I totally agree...pretty awesome.

I have also wondered what those two dudes running along side Ralphie think they'll actually be able to do if he decides to make a run for it. Literally it would be like two Chihuahuas leashed to either side of my waist trying to keep me from kitchen after my wife pulls out her strawberry rhubarb pie....they'd be an afterthought.