Big 12 Bowl games

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Not one Big 12 team has a greater record than their opponent in the bowl games this year. If the ESPN predictor counts for anything the Big 12 goes 2 - 5 and that's with TCU barely being favored.

12/26 - 8:00 -- Cheez it bowl
Cal
TCU - 53.4% odds of winning per ESPN predictor

12/27 - 8:00 -- Texas Bowl
Baylor
Vanderbilt - 55.5%

12/28 - 4:15 -- Camping World Bowl
WVU - 66.1%
Syracuse

12/28 - 8:00 -- Alamo Bowl
Iowa State
Washington State - 63.9%

12/29 - 7:00 -- Orange Bowl
OU
Alabama - 73.2%

12/31 - 2:45 -- Liberty Bowl
OSU
Missouri - 65.2%

1/1 - 7:45 -- Sugar Bowl
UT
UGA - 77.4%

My picks: TCU, WVU, OSU win to go 3-4. Texas gets embarrassed, OU plays better than expected but can't overcome the machine.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
My picks unfortunately are OU in the upset, WVU, Iowa state, TCU and Baylor.

We will get beat by 2 touchdowns and gundy will play corndog only.
I'm sticking with my analysis that this team has played well when the game has buildup. Hopefully the bowl game will be sufficient hype to get them back to their A game.

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
My picks unfortunately are OU in the upset, WVU, Iowa state, TCU and Baylor.

We will get beat by 2 touchdowns and gundy will play corndog only.
Alabama's elephant is on a mission to prove the Heisman voters wrong and UO will be roundly smashed in the effort. This will be especially true if Murray doesn't have his favorite outlet on the field, M. Brown.

WVU - :thumbup:
ISU - :thumbdown: Leach will overrun them
TCU - :thumbup:
Baylor - :thumbup:

OSU - :oops: Yup, Gundy will Corn-dog his way to his second losing season, much as it pains me to think that.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
High likelihood the Big XII has a winless bowl season this year. A very disappointing season for our conference except for having the Heisman winner again.
Bowl games tend to be more about who cares more about the game than the actual talent on the field (outside of the playoffs that is), so who knows how we do but don’t we lose them all.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Well the first bowl game I had any real interest in (Boise State), just got cancelled due to weather.

Hopefully TCU can do something tonight or the conference could be in hard times.

Mar 31, 2011
OU (x2), OSU, TCU, WVU, and Baylor win.
UT, ISU lose.

Good for 6-2 post season and national championship for the conference. And ISU may swing a win too.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
OU (x2), OSU, TCU, WVU, and Baylor win.
UT, ISU lose.

Good for 6-2 post season and national championship for the conference. And ISU may swing a win too.
Sure, ou will find a defense out of thin air in the last few weeks. It defies all logic that a team that squeezed by OSU, tech, army and gave up 40 to Kansas will win the national championship. Possible I guess but I wouldn’t put any money on that.

Also, you know greir isn’t playing for wvu, right?

Mizzou has a top 5 qb for the draft and hill is sitting it out for the pokes. I obviously hope for the win but will be tough.

Mar 31, 2011
Sure, ou will find a defense out of thin air in the last few weeks. It defies all logic that a team that squeezed by OSU, tech, army and gave up 40 to Kansas will win the national championship. Possible I guess but I wouldn’t put any money on that.

Also, you know greir isn’t playing for wvu, right?

Mizzou has a top 5 qb for the draft and hill is sitting it out for the pokes. I obviously hope for the win but will be tough.
OU squeezes out wins, it's what they do best. And I think they'll do it two more times. As for Grier, he's a good QB but I don't think his absence will hinder them too much.

It seems like a weak QB class to me. Lock is probably the fifth best QB OSU has faced behind Murray, Rypien, and Grier for sure, maybe even Ehlinger. Corndog led his team to a combined 3-1 vs those QBs, was two points from 4-0, and actually outscored them 174 - 145. Mizzou may win the game, but I don't think Lock outdueling Corndog will be the reason why.

Oct 30, 2007
My prediction is that it will be a rough year for the Big 12. TCU & West Virginia are better than their opponents, but who knows how well they'll play with their backup quarterbacks. Baylor & Iowa State are in 50/50 games. Texas, OU, & OSU will all be significant underdogs in their games.

I'm sure our conference will find a way to win a game or two, but this is the first time I can remember thinking that we could legitimately lose every single bowl game.