Big 12 Basketball Preseason Rankings

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
we have the #1 NBA draft pick and we are ranked 7 out of 10 in our conference and not in the preseason Top 25. That's a troubling sign for our program IMO
No it's a sign that nobody's giving us any credit, seeing as how we are under sanctions.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
I'm sure there is and maybe someone here knows of research on this issue. But kids today grow up under this very environment (before COVID) "sit in their rooms for extended periods of time" at home. What effect is this having on the mental health of today's youth?
I agree many play video games like what you saying, but mostly go to school and interact with people during the day. 14 days of being trapped is a completely different animal. Choosing to vs being forced to are two different things. And most kids who choose to isolate themselves for 14 days do have mental issues would be my best educated (maybe uneducated) guess.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I agree many play video games like what you saying, but mostly go to school and interact with people during the day. 14 days of being trapped is a completely different animal. Choosing to vs being forced to are two different things. And most kids who choose to isolate themselves for 14 days do have mental issues would be my best educated (maybe uneducated) guess.
My comment wasn't really about the athletes but the population in general.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
1) reports were circulating yesterday about the NCAA tournament be played in some kind of modified bubble, possibly in the Indianapolis area (saw it on PTI, hence no link).

2) as HCMB stated, "we are eligible for the tournament until we are not," meaning until our appeal has been heard and adjudicated we are still eligible. Hopefully the NCAA approaches our appeal with the same amazing speed and clarity they would for say.........a major infraction at ku.