Big 12 Basketball Preseason Rankings

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
1.Baylor (7) 79
2.Kansas (3) 73
3.West Virginia 61
4.Texas 58
5.Texas Tech 53
6.Oklahoma 39
7.Oklahoma State 35
8.Iowa State 19
9.TCU 18
10.Kansas State 15

Haven't seen this up. Not a total shocker here. We could argue we should be ahead of Oklahoma maybe with our incoming talent. I have great respect for Baylor, KU, West Virginia and Tech. Texas has a lot back and bring in some studs, but they never seem to meet expectations. League is going to be tough. It will take some work to be in the top half of the league.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I said last year that this season was the one HCMB should be judged on. If he can't finish in say the top 4 then I will seriously start to doubt if he ever could. I'm optimistic though.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Big 12 is stacked, I hope we finish higher than 7th, but more than anything I just want to see some good ball being played. Some stretches of the past two years have been BRUTAL!! Also hoping we keep our current roster for a full year with no disciplinary actions that have really been a problem.

Oct 30, 2007
1.Baylor (7) 79
2.Kansas (3) 73
3.West Virginia 61
4.Texas 58
5.Texas Tech 53
6.Oklahoma 39
7.Oklahoma State 35
8.Iowa State 19
9.TCU 18
10.Kansas State 15

Haven't seen this up. Not a total shocker here. We could argue we should be ahead of Oklahoma maybe with our incoming talent. I have great respect for Baylor, KU, West Virginia and Tech. Texas has a lot back and bring in some studs, but they never seem to meet expectations. League is going to be tough. It will take some work to be in the top half of the league.
I have no respect for Baylor and never will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
Big 12 is stacked, I hope we finish higher than 7th, but more than anything I just want to see some good ball being played. Some stretches of the past two years have been BRUTAL!! Also hoping we keep our current roster for a full year with no disciplinary actions that have really been a problem.
Hopefully we are deep enough this year where one injury or illness (or God forbid like you said suspension) causes us to go into a tailspin for weeks at a time. Biggest place that could cause issue would be Kalib Boone getting hurt.

Mar 27, 2008
The Big 12 is crazy this year. It will be our best class in how many years and we are picked to finish 7th. I don't believe it. The gooners are picked to finish above us and we split with them last year, and this team is way more talented than last year.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Be a little surprised to see college basketball finish the season. Real surprised to see any team get in 20 games. Any positives tests on a team will result in 3 or more postponements/cancellations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
Be a little surprised to see college basketball finish the season. Real surprised to see any team get in 20 games. Any positives tests on a team will result in 3 or more postponements/cancellations.

I don't know. We have Pfizer with 20million vaccines going out in December (that covers a decent amount of at risk people who haven't already gotten). There's a new vaccine that's even more effective right behind it so I am trying to be optimistic for February/March. Granted, not everyone will have a vaccine by then but hopefully the at risk folks will have received it and that's really the goal of all this.

The stringent restrictions are keeping them from playing, not the virus.

Another thing to be optimistic about is basketball scheduling has far more flexibility than football. You can prepare for a basketball game in two days. You can change the schedule much easier than football. So I am hopeful. Teams will have to be flexible and people can't throw a fit when things change.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

I don't know. We have Pfizer with 20million vaccines going out in December (that covers a decent amount of at risk people who haven't already gotten). There's a new vaccine that's even more effective right behind it so I am trying to be optimistic for February/March. Granted, not everyone will have a vaccine by then but hopefully the at risk folks will have received it and that's really the goal of all this.

The stringent restrictions are keeping them from playing, not the virus.

Another thing to be optimistic about is basketball scheduling has far more flexibility than football. You can prepare for a basketball game in two days. You can change the schedule much easier than football. So I am hopeful. Teams will have to be flexible and people can't throw a fit when things change.
The problem is, one player, one coach or one trainer tests positive, the whole team is down for 10+ days.

Sep 23, 2010
The problem is, one player, one coach or one trainer tests positive, the whole team is down for 10+ days.

No doubt, the restrictions are hard. Lots of healthy people being forced to sit in dorm rooms for extended period of times. Concerned for their mental health.

But like I said, I am just trying to be hopeful and optimistic.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
No doubt, the restrictions are hard. Lots of healthy people being forced to sit in dorm rooms for extended period of times. Concerned for their mental health.
I'm sure there is and maybe someone here knows of research on this issue. But kids today grow up under this very environment (before COVID) "sit in their rooms for extended periods of time" at home. What effect is this having on the mental health of today's youth?