Big 12 9/12

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
So WVU reports 11 guys suspended for today’s game.
Team violations COV related ?

if so, wonder why Gundy kicked off the OLmen vs just doing a suspension?
They specifically said it was not Covid related and was an offseason issue

Oct 29, 2016
US
Also the same one that threw "us" the ball three times in the 4th quarter last year. He is a good QB, but I don't think he is nearly consistent enough to be great.
This reminds me of another Big 12 QB. Let's hope his consistency improves and dramatically so. If there is a year for Sanders to improve, it most certainly is this year. If he doesn't, I hope Gundy does the right thing and try another QB. As we all know, one of a few flaws in Gundy's tenure and hardheadedness, is that he starts a QB and is loyal to that QB and only that QB.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
So I admit I was pulling for Arky State and The Cajuns today.
I’m a fan of our school not our conference

if those losses help us in even on recruiting battle, then great.

we have to win all to win Big12 and get to CFP. Won’t matter if we beat a ISU and KSU that lost to Sun Belt or or ISU/KSU that beat Sun Belt

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
This reminds me of another Big 12 QB. Let's hope his consistency improves and dramatically so. If there is a year for Sanders to improve, it most certainly is this year. If he doesn't, I hope Gundy does the right thing and try another QB. As we all know, one of a few flaws in Gundy's tenure and hardheadedness, is that he starts a QB and is loyal to that QB and only that QB.
I disagree. Normally quarterbacks who start early take a big step between their freshman and sophomore seasons if they have it. I was looking forward to this with Sanders but the way the offseason has been its hard to fault him if he still experiences growing pains this season. We have 3 games that should be fairly easy so hopefully he gets enough reps to kinda catch up before we get to the meat of the schedule.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I disagree. Normally quarterbacks who start early take a big step between their freshman and sophomore seasons if they have it. I was looking forward to this with Sanders but the way the offseason has been its hard to fault him if he still experiences growing pains this season. We have 3 games that should be fairly easy so hopefully he gets enough reps to kinda catch up before we get to the meat of the schedule.
I’m anxious to see what difference it makes having Rattay on staff as well. There’s plenty of reasons to believe Sanders will improve significantly this season. Admittedly, there are no guarantees.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I’m anxious to see what difference it makes having Rattay on staff as well. There’s plenty of reasons to believe Sanders will improve significantly this season. Admittedly, there are no guarantees.
I think he will help. I also think after a game or two where we settle in the offense will look great. But I've seen offenses struggle today and no spring practice plus a very light summer and fall camp are why. I don't know that we are immune to that.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I think he will help. I also think after a game or two where we settle in the offense will look great. But I've seen offenses struggle today and no spring practice plus a very light summer and fall camp are why. I don't know that we are immune to that.
Have you seen anything about the back up...I assume the big freshman, SI, is likely the best option for the future and should SS not preform to his best. Anyway have any information on how he is doing in practice? Since this year counts as do over for everyone, do you think we will see him in mop up duty? AND, can players redshirt next year or is that out now that everyone is a redshirt? Could a Freshmen get like 6 years out of this thing?

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2009
Snuffy / others - Does anyone know how many players we have had with the virus that have already recovered? I heard a number on the ou centric local sports radio station and it sounded crazy how many they said have already had it and recovered. They said several teams including us have had the majority of the team come down with it and recovered back in early August...they included Clemson, us and Alabama. Anyone know the reality/truth of those statements.
Huge difference between testing positive for “coronavirus” and actually having Covid-19.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Big 12 is laying a big turd on opening day!

Three takeaways from today:
1) Iowa State isn’t very good
2) KState isn’t very good
3) DO NOT overlook Tulsa!!!!! (Or anyone else)
Now, hold on just a minute. Let's look at some things. ISU was not ready in any shape or form. They looked lethargic and stayed lethargic. But, they just got a big wake up call today that should serve them well for the conference. They're not dead yet.

KSU had almost no expeience on their team at all. And they have a (IMO) a great coach that will get them ready to play better fast. We'll probably have trouble with them because they match up with us well.

The two teams they played looked well coached and prepared. Give them credit because they earned it.
Still, they were big upsets that NO ONE saw coming.

We should NEVER overlook anyone. I'm constantly preaching the Central Mighigan (or was it Western Michigan, or SW Michigan, whatever) that made us look like these two Big 12 teams today, but we weren't a bad team.

That being said, I'm hoping our coaches took note of today's upsets and we'll be ready for Tulsa.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
KU getting curb stomped by Coastal Carolina sad days ahead for Lester.

Definite tiers of teams showing up in the Conference so far

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Houston Baptist only down 20-28 @ Lubbock...
Texas/OU/WVU all dominate...everyone else...not so much. ouch we need to be ready to put it on Tulsa early and often so we don't get embarrassed.