Big 12 9/12

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I'm glad in a lot of ways that football is back, but that is a lot of glorified scrimmages. I guess it hadn't dawned on me that TU was probably the best non-con opponent and assuming TCU plays SMU, that's the only other decent one.
WVU has suspended 11 players, I think 5 are starters, so that might be a competitive game. It also give us very little good game film for our 2 nd game.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Snuffy / others - Does anyone know how many players we have had with the virus that have already recovered? I heard a number on the ou centric local sports radio station and it sounded crazy how many they said have already had it and recovered. They said several teams including us have had the majority of the team come down with it and recovered back in early August...they included Clemson, us and Alabama. Anyone know the reality/truth of those statements.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That would be great if true
I’ve been advocating Herd Immunity for the team we’ll before the season started just for this outcome
They said 60 on sports radio...I haven't seen anything like that in real media...that would be the majority of the team already having and recovering from it back in July/August.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Man, Reggie Bush sure does have a lot of love for OSU this season. He's brought the team up a couple of times this morning and just picked us to be in the final 4 this year.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Man, Reggie Bush sure does have a lot of love for OSU this season. He's brought the team up a couple of times this morning and just picked us to be in the final 4 this year.
We should be VERY VERY good...this was 2011 again IF we get the QB play we need and stay healthy. Defense SHOULD be the best Gundy has ever had and we have the be RB AND WR in the nation on the same offense.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
I'm glad in a lot of ways that football is back, but that is a lot of glorified scrimmages. I guess it hadn't dawned on me that TU was probably the best non-con opponent and assuming TCU plays SMU, that's the only other decent one.
Then again, I wouldn't be at all surprised with 2-3 upsets today. It is a weird season after all.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Arkansas State with a game under their belts giving KSU a game so far. 7 -7 3:16 left in first quarter with ASU driving. KSU with a turnover. Btw, KSU has a pretty good size "for covid" crowd...Students only one row apart from each other. KSU driving now.
Iowa State looking a bit stale as well 0-0 vs the Raging Cajuns with Purdy looking very rusty.
WVU 14 Eastern Kentucky 0 so far, WVU seems to be manhandling EKU on the line so far. Doge just threw another strike for 21. WVU looks good on offense...defense has to play tough in that game in two weeks.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Bad clock management for La Tech (now LU)...ref in the way weird bad snap spike.
14-10 at half ISU ahead
KSU 21 Arkie St 14 KSU driving
WVU blowing E. Kentucky out 34-7 in the first half

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Big theme today looks to be that teams aren't tackling all that well on defense. Hope we see this and work on it. We have a veteran defense, but if they don't tackle it won't matter.