Biden: Slurs Way Through Campaign Launch

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The debates are a joke with only two main purposes: 1. Ratings 2. Push political agenda. They are run by the media, how could they NOT be a joke. We know for a fact that CNN gave questions to Hillary ahead of time in 2016....Whoever the DNC wants to win the Dem primary, those debates will be unfairly rigged toward that person....watch and see. And then the debates between Trump and whoever the Dem is, will be absolute 100% political theater.....again watch and see.
They are run by the Commission on Presidential Debates.
You forgot the aspect of the debates which is to appear governmental and inclusive but they are actually run by a democrat and republican controlled private company that actively works to exclude any third parties from mounting a successful bid.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
"Little known fact about me - I was on the US National Debate Team in 1992 that went to the World Championships in London. "

Sure, he got to London on the US National Debate Team by trading verbal barbs. That's what that tweet was about - trading insults on stage.
View attachment 70226
As long as you assume that winning for the national debate team is listing facts better than the other guys but Trump has foiled that one-thought plan by being so clever and trading barbs there is no need to discuss this further.

Your overused pic, right back at ya.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
"College debate was great fun, and it was a terrific learning experience, but unsurprisingly a far more juvenile endeavor than debating in a presidential campaign," Ted Cruz said.

from wikipedia - "Ted Cruz graduated cum laude from Princeton University in 1992 with a Bachelor of Arts in public policy[26] from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs.[1][27]While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society's Debate Panel and won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship.[28] In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year and, with his debate partner David Panton, Team of the Year by the American Parliamentary Debate Association.[28] Cruz and Panton later represented Harvard Law School at the 1995 World Debating Championship, losing in the semifinals to a team from Australia.[29][30][31] Princeton's debate team named their annual novice championship after Cruz.[31]"

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I think his point was more that anyone who shows up to play chess against Trump is usually surprised when Trump dumps a cup full of dice on the board and yells "Yatzee".
Right, which makes the assumption that the only game that Yang could play is chess, which I don't think is a correct call.
Lol Ted Cruz is a extremely talented debater and was known for that before he was embarrassed in the debates. Though I suppose he was the one to last the longest due to his base being evangelicals and trump being trump.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
As long as you assume that winning for the national debate team is listing facts better than the other guys but Trump has foiled that one-thought plan by being so clever and trading barbs there is no need to discuss this further.

Your overused pic, right back at ya.
Oh, no, you're so right. That's exactly the thought that Yang was trying to convey in the tweet, his ability to trade insults.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: out of :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good lord, man, admit when you're wrong.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Oh, no, you're so right. That's exactly the thought that Yang was trying to convey in the tweet, his ability to trade insults.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: out of :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good lord, man, admit when you're wrong.
Again with the incorrect assumptions. You are an assumption machine today. A condescending assumption machine, yet still an assumption machine.
Trump has beaten people by trading barbs. There are many ways to counter barbs that lie somewhere between listing logical facts and trading barbs. But, given your posts today, it appears you would not know that.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Currently in their entire field they don't have a candidate that can debate Trump. Of course if he gets lazy on his agenda he will get beat because his personality is far worse than his policies...which are very good.
So what that just means that he's good at defending the undefendable position. As far as the economy goes and many other things regarding the state of the nation currently there's not much debate.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Have to admit it's surprising to hear The View & Morning Joe both call out Warren for boycotting FOX News. They actually seem to understand how stupid of her it is to just ignore the largest cable news viewing audience. Whoopi Goldberg even went as far as to say "if she can't face the people at FOX, she's not fit to be President."

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Have to admit it's surprising to hear The View & Morning Joe both call out Warren for boycotting FOX News. They actually seem to understand how stupid of her it is to just ignore the largest cable news viewing audience. Whoopi Goldberg even went as far as to say "if she can't face the people at FOX, she's not fit to be President."
If I was a Democrat, I wouldn't want to go on the only mainstream media outlet that might actually ask me tough questions.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
So what that just means that he's good at defending the undefendable position. As far as the economy goes and many other things regarding the state of the nation currently there's not much debate.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
No, no, he obviously means he's good at trading insults. That's clearly his schtick, not being the "smart one".