Biden: Slurs Way Through Campaign Launch

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I find it comical that the party who keeps telling us that rich white straight men are the biggest evil in society has rich white straight men leading the other candidates by so much.

If Biden believed what his party was shoveling, he would withdrawal and ask his supporters to vote for Kamala Harris.
I think a running mate is one of the first presidential decisions a candidate makes. When everyone was buzzing about Obama turning the Washington establishment upside down the first thing he did was pick an old white Washington insider as a running mate.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Joe Biden has a long interesting history ( look it up) that he would just as soon we would all forget. His main hope now is to be the "best of the worst" Democratic candidates.
The funny thing about that is Trump would love to pick at that scab, but we all know why he can't.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Some staggeering societal ramifications with that. I was stunned when my neice was born 12 years ago & her life expectancy was 100.
The idea of retiring at 65 and having 35 years to go seems kind of silly.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The idea of retiring at 65 and having 35 years to go seems kind of silly.
As we all know, gone are the days of pensions & retiring in your late 40's/early 50's. I run into this from time to time with patients, though, where they've been retired for 30-40 years & sadly, I just can't even imagine what that would be like. I'd like to try it, but I know it won't happen.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Too much new technology to learn. Even if I can retire in three years IT is just getting way to interesting to step back from.

Nov 6, 2010
As we all know, gone are the days of pensions & retiring in your late 40's/early 50's. I run into this from time to time with patients, though, where they've been retired for 30-40 years & sadly, I just can't even imagine what that would be like. I'd like to try it, but I know it won't happen.
Yea, late 40's your right, but I don't know too many folks who ever were able to count on that. But you are right, defined pension plans are going away due to increased life expectancy, they are just unsustainable. However, I still think retirement in your 50's is doable. Just have to create other sources of income, and also pay off your mortgage. My wife and I are trying to make it happen with rental properties. Have to make a few sacrifices and pay off debt as aggressively as possible, but between 401K, rental income, whatever is left of Social Security and debt elimination, I think it's doable. Might have to semi-retire or something like that, but I think at least getting out of the rat race is completely doable if you plan right.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm leaning toward the media & a 2016 replay again. The sheer amount of coverage given to the far left candidates makes me really question how much support some of them actually have.
I'm leaning toward more of a landslide if things continue in the economy...it's going to take that for the left leaning in our country to realize that they need to be more populace and nationalistic to attract voters who arent on the coast.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yea, late 40's your right, but I don't know too many folks who ever were able to count on that. But you are right, defined pension plans are going away due to increased life expectancy, they are just unsustainable. However, I still think retirement in your 50's is doable. Just have to create other sources of income, and also pay off your mortgage. My wife and I are trying to make it happen with rental properties. Have to make a few sacrifices and pay off debt as aggressively as possible, but between 401K, rental income, whatever is left of Social Security and debt elimination, I think it's doable. Might have to semi-retire or something like that, but I think at least getting out of the rat race is completely doable if you plan right.
Both my siblings retired in their 50's....I'm a ways from it and frankly think I would rather take an second career in teaching or missions rather than retire...I'm also in my 50's but younger than them. So, yeah, it's certainly doable...

If you are not ready to traditionally 'retire" one can always cash out and move to Ecuador, Panama, or Portugal or other places where it's far cheaper to live than here (yep even cheaper than Oklahoma). Heck if you paid off your mortgage you could rent that out and use that as an additional income stream along with the other properties.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I'm leaning toward more of a landslide if things continue in the economy...it's going to take that for the left leaning in our country to realize that they need to be more populace and nationalistic to attract voters who arent on the coast.
Perhaps, but I tend to think the last election showed that winning the coasts & big metro areas, along with just a battleground state or two is clearly the ticket for Dems. If Hillary's campaign hadn't been so entitled & flat out lazy, she would've won. Perhaps they'll make that mistake twice in a row, but I doubt it.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Perhaps, but I tend to think the last election showed that winning the coasts & big metro areas, along with just a battleground state or two is clearly the ticket for Dems. If Hillary's campaign hadn't been so entitled & flat out lazy, she would've won. Perhaps they'll make that mistake twice in a row, but I doubt it.
Currently in their entire field they don't have a candidate that can debate Trump. Of course if he gets lazy on his agenda he will get beat because his personality is far worse than his policies...which are very good.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
"Debate Trump" doesn't mean "logic and reason." It doesn't mean that at all. In fact, televised debates have never meant that.
Not sure why you quoted logic and reason as that was not mentioned. He has done a good job with hostile interviewers so far and not just with "logic and reason." I highly doubt he makes it to the presidential debates, but I would call any claim that he can't debate Trump dubious.

Jul 22, 2011
Exactly, and by refusing to even appear on Fox News, Elizabeth Warren has shown that this is her strategy. She has effectively written off half the country as racist hate-mongers who are not part of the country she wants to run. I would imagine her sentiment is shared by most of the horde of candidates.

Jul 22, 2011
Not sure why you quoted logic and reason as that was not mentioned. He has done a good job with hostile interviewers so far and not just with "logic and reason." I highly doubt he makes it to the presidential debates, but I would call any claim that he can't debate Trump dubious.
I think his point was more that anyone who shows up to play chess against Trump is usually surprised when Trump dumps a cup full of dice on the board and yells "Yatzee".

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The debates are a joke with only two main purposes: 1. Ratings 2. Push political agenda. They are run by the media, how could they NOT be a joke. We know for a fact that CNN gave questions to Hillary ahead of time in 2016....Whoever the DNC wants to win the Dem primary, those debates will be unfairly rigged toward that person....watch and see. And then the debates between Trump and whoever the Dem is, will be absolute 100% political theater.....again watch and see.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
"Little known fact about me - I was on the US National Debate Team in 1992 that went to the World Championships in London. "

Sure, he got to London on the US National Debate Team by trading verbal barbs. That's what that tweet was about - trading insults on stage.
eye peering over glasses tommy lee jones.jpg