Better start looking for a Sept 3rd opponent...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
From CDC:
Tests Reported (Laboratory): 40,787,857
Confirmed Positive Tests (Laboratory): 3,663,490
Confirmed Cases: 3,106,931

If you take the difference in confirmed cases vs confirmed positives as the margin for error, (which would represent a 15% margin for error in Positivity Rate), you are already down to a 7.6% actual Positivity Rate, which doesn't account for non-reported tests and asymptomatic/mildly symptomatic individuals who are not tested at all.

So yes, that margin for error is enough to skew the numbers for me, so I will continue to follow that train of thought.
You're playing fast and loose with the case definitions in order to make your argument.
https://wwwn.cdc.gov/nndss/conditions/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/case-definition/2020/

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Better not look at Sweden, deaths peaked in Mid-April and have been rapidly declining since...shhhhh

Somehow they managed to flatten the curve with no lockdown whatsoever!

View attachment 83257
View attachment 83258
US daily new deaths
1594469047696.png

Sweden daily new deaths
1594469081791.png

Sweden daily new cases
1594469125802.png

1594469154651.png

Sweden may have finally gotten over their peak in new cases, after they finally locked down. We've opened up and we haven't hit the peak yet. Both the US and Sweden have seen reduction in deaths because of improvements in treatment. For one, mechanical ventilators are a very last ditch effort now instead of early treatment.

Mar 11, 2006
US daily new deaths
View attachment 83277
Sweden daily new deaths
Sweden may have finally gotten over their peak in new cases, after they finally locked down. We've opened up and we haven't hit the peak yet. Both the US and Sweden have seen reduction in deaths because of improvements in treatment. For one, mechanical ventilators are a very last ditch effort now instead of early treatment.
When did Sweden lockdown? They did not have government mandated lockdowns.

Nov 14, 2010
Swedens government did not mandate shitdowns, but they did ban gatherings of over 50 people and they urged citizens to social distance.

Per million people, Sweden has suffered 40 percent more deaths than the United States, 12 times more than Norway, seven times more than Finland and six times more than Denmark.

What was the economic gain for the trade off of having that high of a death rate?

Sweden’s central bank expects its economy to contract by 4.5 percent this year, and their unemployment rate has jumped to 9 percent.

Many people want to blame the quarantines for the economic disruptions, when, in reality, its the Virus that is causing the disruptions.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
US daily new deaths
View attachment 83277
Sweden daily new deaths
When did Sweden lockdown? They did not have government mandated lockdowns.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rings-of-more-than-50-people-pm-idUSKBN21E1XY

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
No college football this year....mark it down. And likely no sports at all. The next steps will be how many colleges will drop non revenue sports altogether? And then, how many colleges will go under due to low overall budgets in the first place.
I just got finished reading this Romanian guys predictions. Been following him since mid December mainly because he’s been right about every single unfolding event months before it happened. I have him to thank for getting supplies and preps done back in January. Because of him, I spent the last 5 months playing around because we were prepared.
His newest predictions ARE NOT GOOD at all. He’s saying because of the first lock down no one will do it again. But when the real second wave comes, it will be the European mutation in the US. Less symptoms but higher death. It will be particularly worse because a) most hospitals now are above 70% use of icu beds and a 100% in the major hotspots in Texas Florida and California. He’s identified the next 16 hot spots in the US as well. B) Trump will have to make the call to close it all down and thinks Trump won’t. C) With the new mutation, those with not so severe symptoms will try to ride it out until it’s too late and there’ll be no available ventilation.
His advice is the same. Prep. Prep prep. Nows the time to reload up and prepare for the winter, it’s going to get worse.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Has anyone compared this pandemic to past ones in terms of:
  • infection rate per test
  • death rate
  • number of deaths
  • number of infections
Otherwise we are making decisions that aren't based on our past decisions and doing better. That's a shabby way to respond to a pandemic. Sadly this thing is killing most everything Americans enjoy...family, celebrations, football, eating out, and travel...

Last edited:

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Has anyone compared this pandemic to past ones in terms of:
  • infection rate per test
  • death rate
  • number of deaths
  • number of infections
Otherwise we are making decisions that aren't based on our past decisions and doing better. That's a shabby way to respond to a pandemic. Sadly this think is killing most everything Americans enjoy...family, celebrations, football, eating out, and travel...
The last pandemic we had on this scale was 1918, and we didn't have the public health infrastructure to collect the kind of data you're asking for.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I just got finished reading this Romanian guys predictions. Been following him since mid December mainly because he’s been right about every single unfolding event months before it happened. I have him to thank for getting supplies and preps done back in January. Because of him, I spent the last 5 months playing around because we were prepared.

His newest predictions ARE NOT GOOD at all. He’s saying because of the first lock down no one will do it again. But when the real second wave comes, it will be the European mutation in the US. Less symptoms but higher death. It will be particularly worse because a) most hospitals now are above 70% use of icu beds and a 100% in the major hotspots in Texas Florida and California. He’s identified the next 16 hot spots in the US as well. B) Trump will have to make the call to close it all down and thinks Trump won’t. C) With the new mutation, those with not so severe symptoms will try to ride it out until it’s too late and there’ll be no available ventilation.
His advice is the same. Prep. Prep prep. Nows the time to reload up and prepare for the winter, it’s going to get worse.
But President Trump said, "We have cases all over the place. Most of the cases immediately get better, they are people, young people, they have sniffles and two days later they are fine and they are not sick to start".

So Trump better start talking about withholding federal money from colleges that refuse to fully restart their sports programs.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
But President Trump said, "We have cases all over the place. Most of the cases immediately get better, they are people, young people, they have sniffles and two days later they are fine and they are not sick to start".

So Trump better start talking about withholding federal money from colleges that refuse to fully restart their sports programs.
IMO there’s nothing anyone can do at this point. Should’ve never been political in the first place. Starting to sound like this is worse than herpes in that once you get it, it keeps popping up and messing with you for the rest of your life.
The man I was talking about is pretty convincing that it’s going to get worse. Much worse.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
IMO there’s nothing anyone can do at this point. Should’ve never been political in the first place. Starting to sound like this is worse than herpes in that once you get it, it keeps popping up and messing with you for the rest of your life.
The man I was talking about is pretty convincing that it’s going to get worse. Much worse.

I was on call over the weekend, but where's this coming from?