Beto Sees The Light

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Personal protection handguns and low capacity rifles are one thing, but high capacity rifles put more people at risk than the people they keep safe.
umm... cite? my guess is this is just opinion with no basis in fact.

FAR more people are killed with "personal protection handguns" than "high capacity rifles." Its not even close.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I don't think he has the leadership experience to be an effective president. He does have charisma, but I was curious as to see so much glee in him dropping out of the race. I don't think he had much of a shot at president. As someone who doesn't live in Texas, my knowledge of him was very limited until the Senate race, but I was impressed with him visiting every county in Texas and the snowstorm road trip with Republican Will Hurd.

I agree with him about needing major gun reform. Personal protection handguns and low capacity rifles are one thing, but high capacity rifles put more people at risk than the people they keep safe.
Nobody in Texas knew him, he was a junior congressman from El Paso. The DNC establishment decided to back him, he had the cool factor for the younger voters and got the votes during the anti-Trump/Russian Collusion upswell.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Probs not with a net worth of $4 million. Which appears to be all inheritance money as his work life has been starting failing companies and working regular jobs before his stint in Congress.

I'm sure with a failed Senate campaign and a failed presidential campaign he will be able to write a book and hit the lecture circuit. HE will be worth $20 million before you know it.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Personal protection handguns and low capacity rifles are one thing, but high capacity rifles put more people at risk than the people they keep safe.
This... speaks massive volumes about your ignorance. You literally turned it up to eleven! Congrats. :thumbup::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
But now who’s gonna say all the Democrats’ least popular intentions out loud?
This! Loved seeing this fool out there just laying open the honest-to-God's truth for pretty much every progressive policy.

He's a good reason why this registered Democrat will vote straight ticket Republican party for the foreseeable future.

*Gabbard gives me the slightest feelings of hope though.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
It's so funny to hear Conservatives talk trash on Beto, but he nearly beat one of the biggest Republican Senators in Ted Cruz in Conservative stronghold Texas 51% to 48%.

It's weird to hear so much dislike for a guy who clearly ran a better campaign than Cruz.

But yeah, I agree definitely not fit for presidency. This was more for keeping a public profile.
And we nearly beat ou a bunch of times.

The guy is a freakin' flake.
He got the typical, "I'm hot" treatment from Oprah, Hollywood and the MSM until he opened his pie hole too much.
Once the shine wore off, his Hollywood shooting star faded, his lack of substance didn't resonate with the American people.

So, he pressed his liberal boundaries with some bad, political advice from someone and now Beto signs are no longer lingering in the yards of Austinites along with "Global Warming is Science" signs.

Beto was hot.
Now he's not.

Next?!

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Probs not with a net worth of $4 million. Which appears to be all inheritance money as his work life has been starting failing companies and working regular jobs before his stint in Congress.

I'm sure with a failed Senate campaign and a failed presidential campaign he will be able to write a book and hit the lecture circuit. HE will be worth $20 million before you know it.
FIL is a billionaire IIRC.