Beto Sees The Light

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
It's so funny to hear Conservatives talk trash on Beto, but he nearly beat one of the biggest Republican Senators in Ted Cruz in Conservative stronghold Texas 51% to 48%.

It's weird to hear so much dislike for a guy who clearly ran a better campaign than Cruz.

But yeah, I agree definitely not fit for presidency. This was more for keeping a public profile.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
It's so funny to hear Conservatives talk trash on Beto, but he nearly beat one of the biggest Republican Senators in Ted Cruz in Conservative stronghold Texas 51% to 48%.

It's weird to hear so much dislike for a guy who clearly ran a better campaign than Cruz.

But yeah, I agree definitely not fit for presidency. This was more for keeping a public profile.
He nearly beat Cruz with tons of outside money being poured in. But close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, so ultimately all that cash was wasted. And if his regional campaign had received as much attention as his national campaign then he likely would have imploded there, too, because he's obviously an idiot.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo

You're missing why he ran close to Ted. It wasn't his campaign. It was his opponent.

Beto is a dipshit, and a national campaign exposed that for everyone to see.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

He ran as a fake moderate. What people should take from him is the democrats are straight up liars. They will say anything to get elected but they hide their true intentions deep underneath until they are elected. Never vote for a democrat no matter what they say.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
He ran as a fake moderate. What people should take from him is the democrats are straight up liars. They will say anything to get elected but they hide their true intentions deep underneath until they are elected. Never vote for a democrat no matter what they say.

Is this about the gun thing?

You do know that about on average most politicians lie between 25-30%the time, don't you?

Last edited:

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
He nearly beat Cruz with tons of outside money being poured in. But close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, so ultimately all that cash was wasted. And if his regional campaign had received as much attention as his national campaign then he likely would have imploded there, too, because he's obviously an idiot.
It is creepy how much money is poured into elections.

Cruz also had tons of outside money poured in as well. But I will concede that Beto's money came in first.
You don't call on Donald Trump ( a guy who publicly insulted Cruz's wife) to hold a rally for you if you're really on local donations.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Is this about the gun thing?

You do know that about on average most politicians lie between 25-30%the time, don't you?
Not just that. Nearly everything that comes out of his mouth terrifies me because it is exactly what I fear every democrat of thinking. It just reaffirms my vote for republicans (even though they disgust me half the time) and Trump himself. These people are straight up soft communists.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Not just that. Nearly everything that comes out of his mouth terrifies me because it is exactly what I fear every democrat of thinking. It just reaffirms my vote for republicans (even though they disgust me half the time) and Trump himself. These people are straight up soft communists.
The guy had no filter, just verbal diarrhea. The further he got behind the worse it got. If he had done that against Cruz he would have gotten killed. But against Cruz he didn't have to run against another Democrat.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
what else did he say that upset you?

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city

If you can, ignore the fact that when republicans lie it is usually not something so against your own personal politics, do you really think democrats lie more? I think they are all straight up liars. I think the system makes it that way. There is no way to get elected in our money and media driven election system by being honest with voters. I think the perceived differences are mostly about your opinion of the lies more than the actual volume of lies told.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Conversely, what enchants you so about Beto?
You seem to be among the 2% of the 35% minority.
I don't think he has the leadership experience to be an effective president. He does have charisma, but I was curious as to see so much glee in him dropping out of the race. I don't think he had much of a shot at president. As someone who doesn't live in Texas, my knowledge of him was very limited until the Senate race, but I was impressed with him visiting every county in Texas and the snowstorm road trip with Republican Will Hurd.

I agree with him about needing major gun reform. Personal protection handguns and low capacity rifles are one thing, but high capacity rifles put more people at risk than the people they keep safe.