Beto: Living Near Work Is A "Right For Everyone"

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I live in western Oklahoma and work about 25 miles from where I live. This is absolutely by choice. I live in the middle of 80 acres and can only see one other house. ( I own it too and my daughter lives there). My 25 miles takes me about 25 minutes. It is worth every mile I drive to be in my own space without neighbors unless I choose them.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I live in western Oklahoma and work about 25 miles from where I live. This is absolutely by choice. I live in the middle of 80 acres and can only see one other house. ( I own it too and my daughter lives there). My 25 miles takes me about 25 minutes. It is worth every mile I drive to be in my own space without neighbors unless I choose them.
#goals.... One day... Maybe not 80 acres but I'd love to live in the country again. Got a taste of it when I was in high school (lived a couple years in Venus, TX, we had 10 acres, our neighbor had 10 acres and the other 3 sides were acres of crops and cattle grazing...). I'd love to get back to that kind of life one day but my wife is too used to living close to family.