Beto: Living Near Work Is A "Right For Everyone"

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 22, 2011
Everyone gets equal* housing assigned by the government.

*(Policy not applicable to those who have power*** within the government.)

***[Government power can be bought.]

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I guess I may be expecting too much out of his comment for it to be based in any kind of facts... lol
In a primary based almost completely on who can give away the most free sh!t, is it all that surprising that shorter commutes get thrown in the mix as well. If everybody's offer to buy votes is the same and you're this far back in the polls, you have to sweeten the deal that you're offering.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
He must have never been through the DFW area. MOST well off people don't live near their jobs in the city. Flower Mound, Argyle, Grapevine, Allen, Mckinney, Frisco etc are all long commutes in rush hour to Dallas or Fort Worth respectively.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
He must have never been through the DFW area. MOST well off people don't live near their jobs in the city. Flower Mound, Argyle, Grapevine, Allen, Mckinney, Frisco etc are all long commutes in rush hour to Dallas or Fort Worth respectively.
Well clearly those people need to move closer to Dallas and Fort Worth so the people working minimum wage in their current towns can have a place to live that's closer to their work. :derp:

I personally live 25ish miles from where I work and it's entirely on purpose. Luckily that's only about 30-45 minutes each way though it'd probably be well over an hour if I were somewhere like Dallas or Houston. I work just south of downtown OKC and I don't want to live anywhere NEAR this part of town...

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
It's exactly the same in OKC with Moore, Edmond, Yukon, etc...

Beto is an idiot and pandering for votes.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I commute 4 minutes to the golf course almost every day. Sometimes i have to wait an extra 10-12 seconds to turn right at the stoplight. Waiting for the left turn arrow on the way home can be excruciating. I think I'll text Beto and see if he can legislate a little relief my way.

Oops. It'll have to wait until tomorrow. 14 minutes until my tee time - gotta leave soon.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I commute 4 minutes to the golf course almost every day. Sometimes i have to wait an extra 10-12 seconds to turn right at the stoplight. Waiting for the left turn arrow on the way home can be excruciating. I think I'll text Beto and see if he can legislate a little relief my way.

Oops. It'll have to wait until tomorrow. 14 minutes until my tee time - gotta leave soon.
4 minutes?! Is your white privilege card busted or something?!

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
He does understand that much of the issue he is talking about is caused by suburban flight? Those with better jobs choosing not live near where they work........

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo

You really are a rotten bastard, you know that?