Best Italian in OKC hands down

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
The menu, the pics, and the reviews all sound good. Is there any way you can send smell through the internet? That's how you need to judge an Italian place.

You've probably had closer to true Italian in NYC but gotta say, for the Midwest this place is great. Give me your address and I'll send you a meatball. ;)

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
I guess you have never been to the Garden?
I love taking Chris H. there for the Italian Feast.

We sit and drink that delicious red table wine, gorge on warm breadsticks that were obviously made by hand and not taken minutes before from the freezer, and make hilarious puns during the Never Ending Pasta Bowl.

For example:

Me: "Hey, Chris H. - how many different combinations could you make with all the choices of soups, salads and pastas?"
Chris: "I don't know, but you do the math and I'll do the alfredo."

Trolololololol

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
Sep 24, 2007
You've probably had closer to true Italian in NYC but gotta say, for the Midwest this place is great. Give me your address and I'll send you a meatball. ;)
There was an Italian place on the ground floor of my building when I lived on West 38th. Like the owner was off-the-plane Italian (he called himself "Roman," I guess since he was from Rome and that makes a difference to some people). He had a Mastiff named Max and he'd hand-feed the dog pasta. He also owned a motorcycle with a sidecar, and he'd ride around with Max, who was sporting a pair of goggles and a scarf.

I swear I am not making this up. I don't have enough imagination.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
Speaking of good Italian, I ate in Little Italy during a trip to NYC about a month back and the place had the best olive oil I've ever tasted. It was like they put cocaine in it.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
There was an Italian place on the ground floor of my building when I lived on West 38th. Like the owner was off-the-plane Italian (he called himself "Roman," I guess since he was from Rome and that makes a difference to some people). He had a Mastiff named Max and he'd hand-feed the dog pasta. He also owned a motorcycle with a sidecar, and he'd ride around with Max, who was sporting a pair of goggles and a scarf.

I have yet to make it to Italy for the real thing but I am positive that no matter how good it gets here/USA, it will never be an equal to what is prepared there. When the restaurant there can get olive oil pressed from the vines across the road, tomatoes from their own crop, pasta made from fresh flour down the road, sardines caught 10 minutes ago... no way we can be the same even if you live in California and have similar suppliers. Just my opinion.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX

You mean off-the-boat, right? Everyone knows Italians travel to America on boats. That's how you know they're legit.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
Sep 24, 2007
You mean off-the-boat, right? Everyone knows Italians travel to America on boats. That's how you know they're legit.
They're cool because you can play "Gay or Italian?" with them. There was an Italian dude who lived in my building who I would have sworn was flaming. I mean, who else wears those clothes? But then I met his amazingly hot Asian gf.

Sorry, zachya , no pics.

zachya

Feel the sting, feeling time bearing down.
A/V Subscriber
Dec 14, 2004
Home
They're cool because you can play "Gay or Italian?" with them. There was an Italian dude who lived in my building who I would have sworn was flaming. I mean, who else wears those clothes? But then I met his amazingly hot Asian gf.

Sorry, zachya , no pics.
...damn!...

zachya

Feel the sting, feeling time bearing down.
A/V Subscriber
Dec 14, 2004
Home
...I've always wanted to try eggplant but have never had the courage...describe what it is like, please..

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
I have yet to make it to Italy for the real thing but I am positive that no matter how good it gets here/USA, it will never be an equal to what is prepared there. When the restaurant there can get olive oil pressed from the vines across the road, tomatoes from their own crop, pasta made from fresh flour down the road, sardines caught 10 minutes ago... no way we can be the same even if you live in California and have similar suppliers. Just my opinion.

Trees...I intended to say TREES...damned wine in my head. :oops:

OrangeAggie

Assistant to the Moderater
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2004
Edmond
I guess you have never been to the Garden?
I went there a few months ago for the first time in years and couldn't believe how incredibly white trash it was. It was like a "people of Walmart" convention where the average patron weighed in at about 280.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I went there a few months ago for the first time in years and couldn't believe how incredibly white trash it was. It was like a "people of Walmart" convention where the average patron weighed in at about 280.

If fat people like it, it must be good!?

You sir are a snob.