Bedlam Record Poll

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will happen first in Bedlam Football Series?

• OSU will get to 20 wins

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • ou will get to 100 wins

Votes: 51 67.1%

• Total voters
Feb 18, 2009
I saw a tweet after Bedlam that caught my attention. Wondered what the mood of the fans on this board is.

In no way is this a thread about Gundy or our program in general, more about the mood or "culture" if you will, of the fanbase. It's been interesting to watch multiple comments and arguments about all facets of OSU football and this one game every year. Those engagements happen every year so this is bigger than 2019.

Having Minnesota and Wisconsin play the same day was quite the juxtaposition. Longest running rivalry in Power 5 and going into the game was 60-60-8. Current bedlam record is 89-18-7 I believe. There is some disagreement on a couple for some reason.

I am personally torn. I want to think we get to 20 first but honestly, I don't know that I would place a futures bet on it.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2009
Game’s over. I’m moving on. Looking forward to our bowl game.
True, but we'll play them again next year and every year after that. I don't want to discuss last week at all, I am done with that too. Just thought the concept in the tweet was interesting and wondered where everyone falls out.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
True, but we'll play them again next year and every year after that. I don't want to discuss last week at all, I am done with that too. Just thought the concept in the tweet was interesting and wondered where everyone falls out.
Bottom line, it would sure be nice if we won every other year in this game but that has not be our accursed history.

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
A few other in-state rivalries as reference points:

Michigan vs Michigan St: 71–36–5
Ole Miss vs Miss St: 62–46–6
Washington vs WSU: 74-32-6
Oregon vs Oregon St: 66–47–10
USC vs UCLA: 48–32–7
Penn St vs Pitt: 53–43–4
Tennessee vs Vandy: 76–33–5
Notre Dame vs Purdue: 56–26–2
Clemson vs S. Carolina: 71–42–4
Georgia vs Georgia Tech: 68–41–5

Man... I mean I know we were really bad for a long time, but still. It's amazing that even during this time when we have really been pretty good we seem to be trading at best 1 win for 5 losses, roughly on par with the overall history. Honestly, at this point I'd be thrilled if we started winning 1 of every 3.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Lord Almighty. I went to lunch today and what did the local restaurant have on TV? Replay of Bedlam. In DFW. I can’t escape it!

Jun 29, 2004
La Jolla, California
Can we hire Bob Simmons to coach one game per year. He seems to have some type of magical power over ou. Should've won in 2000, if Pogi would have thrown to a wide open R. Woods in the endzone.

Well

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
I just want our team to be consistently ranked in the top 10, and be a high powered year after year contender.
That will never happen without beating OU, on a consistent basis. or at least once in a while.

Feb 8, 2014
Weatherford, OK
I saw a tweet after Bedlam that caught my attention. Wondered what the mood of the fans on this board is.

In no way is this a thread about Gundy or our program in general, more about the mood or "culture" if you will, of the fanbase. It's been interesting to watch multiple comments and arguments about all facets of OSU football and this one game every year. Those engagements happen every year so this is bigger than 2019.

Having Minnesota and Wisconsin play the same day was quite the juxtaposition. Longest running rivalry in Power 5 and going into the game was 60-60-8. Current bedlam record is 89-18-7 I believe. There is some disagreement on a couple for some reason.

I am personally torn. I want to think we get to 20 first but honestly, I don't know that I would place a futures bet on it.
Want an even more depressing stat? Nebraska has the record for all time wins against one opponent. They are currently sitting at 91 against Kansas. So in a few years we can add that record to our name too.