Bedlam Basketball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Brought a lot of media to the program. Probably doesnt hurt recruiting. OU has proven you dont need to go to a big time basketball school to get drafted early or to win national awards. He had OU as an unstoppable force for a while. If some of his teammates would have made shots it would have been much different I think. On balance, it would have been worse without him. Next year will probably not be good, oh well. At least we have football.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
Brought a lot of media to the program. Probably doesnt hurt recruiting. OU has proven you dont need to go to a big time basketball school to get drafted early or to win national awards. He had OU as an unstoppable force for a while. If some of his teammates would have made shots it would have been much different I think. On balance, it would have been worse without him. Next year will probably not be good, oh well. At least we have football.
I think it will definitely help recruiting....a stud coming out of HS seeing a chance to play/start will take a hard look at OU. On to football, it'll be here before you know it!

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
A final 4 run always helps with recruiting. So does having a player like Young going out, getting awards, being an all american, getting OU loads of publicity and getting drafted in the 1st round. Recruits are aware of all that stuff. It wont hurt recruiting, it can only help. I'll take it!

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Or top players will see what Trae Young accomplished with his team and say, "I think I'll stick to the bluebloods instead of going to a sh*tty team so I can experience a little more than getting a couple of individual accolades."

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Sure, anything is possible. Usually players of that caliber are very confident though and they can see the success Griffin and Hield had too. Young isnt OU's first super star.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
A final 4 run always helps with recruiting. So does having a player like Young going out, getting awards, being an all american, getting OU loads of publicity and getting drafted in the 1st round. Recruits are aware of all that stuff. It wont hurt recruiting, it can only help. I'll take it!
But someone like Young can do that at any school. If they are really that talented. But most will want to do that at a school where they can win ball games, not limp into the NCAA and loose the first round.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
But someone like Young can do that at any school. If they are really that talented. But most will want to do that at a school where they can win ball games, not limp into the NCAA and loose the first round.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Cool, most would prefer that. And if he had stayed, there's no telling how deep they could have went. Many former OU greats were much different players their freshman years.

Not sure what issue you have with a kid wanting to play for his hometown team. Cant blame him for a second, same with Griffin. The next time a homegrown super star comes out of Oklahoma, OU will get a look. Griffin, Hield, and Young have shown you can go to OU and get to the league. That alone is worth it.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Stat bragging in losses is for losers.
It's all that pussy has...worst preseason pick beats king Trey and losers twice. Ganja boy has been spanking the monkey preseason for his football team and as usual, disappointment awaits.FIRE Stoops! Oh...wait...he's already gone. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
As far as bedlam basketball goes, and TY bashing by some, the highlight for TY was setting an OU Big 12 single game scoring record....48 against the Pokes.
I dont think the loss is the part being bragged about
Cool. Hope you don’t have nightmares about it
Good Lord.. you hypocrites would be having a field day if we were bragging about Justice Hill's single game Bedlam rushing record from this past season.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Mass exodus going on out of the sooner basketball program. Would've been interesting to be a fly on the wall for all the drama that must've went down at that sh*t show this season. Would love to hear the real story someday. All signs point to things going very south after the bedlam loss in Stillwater. LMAO