Bedlam Basketball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Nice. Sounds like fun for you. This is your time as a poke fan so enjoy it! 'Cause the football hype train will derail and disappoint you again
I don't think OSU is going to be hyped. We'll be lucky to be picked third in the Big 12 after losing so much on offense.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
It’s on full on display though... every damn one of you guys are wallowing in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL.. you've been due for a dumbass comment.

The majority of college basketball fans are taking part in OSU lil bro syndrome then. Even your own fan base is joining in as many sooners are pointing out that we deserve to be in over them.

You should stick to football talk.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
It's a legit question, but I view the NIT is all for nothing if you don't win it which is odd because it's tough to win that many games in a row. But that's how I view it still. All or nothing. I'd trade places with OU right now in heart beat. We'd curb stomp RI then probably get the same done to us by Duke.

I'm excited about our future with Boynton though.
I agree

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
It's a legit question, but I view the NIT is all for nothing if you don't win it which is odd because it's tough to win that many games in a row. But that's how I view it still. All or nothing. I'd trade places with OU right now in heart beat. We'd curb stomp RI then probably get the same done to us by Duke.

I'm excited about our future with Boynton though.
I would say on balance it's better to lose on day 1 in the big boy tourney than to be the NIT champs just based on exposure alone. A kid can get himself into the draft lottery with a great tournament run. I read somewhere the last NIT championship game, with a 40% increase in ratings from the next highest rated game was around a million viewers. And first round action in the ncaa tourney averages about 11 million per game, something like that. It's big time.

Yep, boynton might be good.

I don't think OSU is going to be hyped. We'll be lucky to be picked third in the Big 12 after losing so much on offense.
Now that I think of it, that's true. I dont expect much from them at all in 2018. Third place might be high.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I would say on balance it's better to lose on day 1 in the big boy tourney than to be the NIT champs just based on exposure alone. A kid can get himself into the draft lottery with a great tournament run. I read somewhere the last NIT championship game, with a 40% increase in ratings from the next highest rated game was around a million viewers. And first round action in the ncaa tourney averages about 11 million per game, something like that. It's big time.

Yep, boynton might be good.

Now that I think of it, that's true. I dont expect much from them at all in 2018. Third place might be high.
All depends on the QB and the WRs that step up.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Starting to look like OU will have a very deep corps of receivers too. really excited about their potential this year! We're finally under 6 months out too

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yep. Indeed I was. Oh he's played beyond what i expected from him for sure.

But the receiving corps will be salty. Last year's best freshman wr in the league (Lamb) and then of course Brown. Another guy who redshirted last year (Rambo). Gonna be a good one!

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
DO we know if Coach Log is going to console Lon? I mean it would be cruel if you sent over the softball coach or the gymanastics coach wouldn't it?

Last edited:

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
Against RI, Sooners turned the ball over maybe 3 times in a row in OT, Bears or Pokes probably should've been there to beat RI, then battle Duke.
Watching the game I thought... Man, OSU would be up by 20 points at some point on this team, but in typical fashion, make it much closer than it should be. Nonetheless, 0U made it, we didn't... we have to live with it.

We'd probably have given Duke all they could handle for 25-30 mins but run out of gas. Always fun to speculate anyways.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
So Trae Young's career at OU turned out to be a whole bunch of nothing for the OU program. Only finished one spot above of last year and made everyone around him worse basketball players by being a ridiculously high volume shooter. Good luck next year sooners, you're gonna need it.