Bedlam Basketball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I must say OSU and Baylor left out, and OU gets in? Not sure I agree with that but I'll take it. Might be the little brother syndrome for the Pokes, not sure. Go shine in the NIT with Baylor...represent! OU better figure out that first half of season winning or they'll be one and done.
Makes you wonder what's the better season? Getting knocked out of the first round in the big boy tourney or going deep in the NIT?

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
Makes you wonder what's the better season? Getting knocked out of the first round in the big boy tourney or going deep in the NIT?
Not sure if "better season" is the right definition. But obviously, making the big dance should always be the goal. Even then, you're still looking at subjective selection.

Teams get snubbed every year. It came down too the teams we scheduled in non-con, sucking more than normal.

If anything, we should've been in over Syracuse. They have 1 top 25 win... we have 6 and 4 of those were top 10 teams. (3 of the 6 were on the road against tournament teams)

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
You guys receiving a huge gift from the committee does not automatically equal a better season. You guys were having a better season until teams figured out how to defend Trae Young and then it all went to sh*t in a hurry.

Everyone knows who the better team is though. Mike Boynton said it to his guys on the sideline last Wednesday and then they won by double digits. 2 out of 3 on the season.

If OU were to go one and done in the tourney, they wouldn't even equal OSU's total wins right now. So I don't even know how this is a question.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Not sure if "better season" is the right definition. But obviously, making the big dance should always be the goal. Even then, you're still looking at subjective selection.

Teams get snubbed every year. It came down too the teams we scheduled in non-con, sucking more than normal.

If anything, we should've been in over Syracuse. They have 1 top 25 win... we have 6 and 4 of those were top 10 teams. (3 of the 6 were on the road against tournament teams)
Yep, osu would have been a good one to get in. Sucks for 'em.

You guys receiving a huge gift from the committee does not automatically equal a better season. You guys were having a better season until teams figured out how to defend Trae Young and then it all went to sh*t in a hurry.

Everyone knows who the better team is though. Mike Boynton said it to his guys on the sideline last Wednesday and then they won by double digits. 2 out of 3 on the season.

If OU were to go one and done in the tourney, they wouldn't even equal OSU's total wins right now. So I don't even know how this is a question.
I dont care if it's a gift, the why isnt so important as the fact that they indeed got in. That wasnt the question. The question was if getting a 1st round exit in the big tourney is a better season than a deep NIT run. Why they got in is really inconsequential to the question.

Yep osu won twice against OU this season. I think they beat kansas twice too. Good enough for the NIT for sure. You dont know how it's even a question? Alright, how about this, to make it easier on you. What would you rather have? your team in the ncaa tournament and losing game 1 or your team in the NIT and having a deep run?

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

I dont care if it's a gift, the why isnt so important as the fact that they indeed got in. That wasnt the question. The question was if getting a 1st round exit in the big tourney is a better season than a deep NIT run. Why they got in is really inconsequential to the question.

Yep osu won twice against OU this season. I think they beat kansas twice too. Good enough for the NIT for sure. You dont know how it's even a question? Alright, how about this, to make it easier on you. What would you rather have? your team in the ncaa tournament and losing game 1 or your team in the NIT and having a deep run?
Whatever. You are setting up the question to proclaim that OU had the better season. You think OSU beat Kansas twice? "Oh, dumb little ole me thinks I might have heard something about that, but I can't be too sure. I just don't know much about the comings and goings about OSU athletics." And yet you're here everyday. Hilarious when you try to play dumb on this board.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I must say OSU and Baylor left out, and OU gets in? Not sure I agree with that but I'll take it. Might be the little brother syndrome for the Pokes, not sure. Go shine in the NIT with Baylor...represent! OU better figure out that first half of season winning or they'll be one and done.
The longer you play the more media exposure.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Whatever. You are setting up the question to proclaim that OU had the better season. You think OSU beat Kansas twice? "Oh, dumb little ole me thinks I might have heard something about that, but I can't be too sure. I just don't know much about the comings and goings about OSU athletics." And yet you're here everyday. Hilarious when you try to play dumb on this board.
Not at all, i think OU had a shit season. Making the tournament doesnt do squat for me. That's my opinion.

I was curious what others think. Since making the tournament is typically the goal.

I am here every day, nice to notice. Im not sure that makes me any sort of expert on osu athletics though. It's not like i follow them closely. I just come to the message board . I'm not trying to play dumb, i really did think they beat kansas twice. did they not? i thought thats what I heard.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008

NIT jerk, your losers are out on the first game and it was a gift you even got in. If it wasn't for trae you'd be eliminated in the first of the NIT.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
He isn't playing dumb. About all he's capable of is changing hard drives and camping on OP while his employer pays him to do so. Maybe his employer will review the data logs and realize he's paying a loser to warm a seat.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
So you'd be on the side of the team who lasts longer has the better season? It may be better to win the NIT than to lose in rd 1 of the big boy tournament.
it really doesn't matter for the goon squad, they are losing their only scoring threat and they don't get a chance to get any better for next year. They still aren't getting to 20. O-State on the other hand could

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
it really doesn't matter for the goon squad, they are losing their only scoring threat and they don't get a chance to get any better for next year. They still aren't getting to 20. O-State on the other hand could
Ganja boy has a propensity to be wrong...plus he's a whiner. Apparently blocking me isn't enough, he's been crying to staff. Poor little girl...

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The longer you play the more media exposure.

The NIT garners little media attention.

For the record, I agree that OSU got screwed and deserved a bid even over OU.
Actually with as many people across the country not just in Oklahoma who are upset over this year's bracket and the fact that it's on ESPN I have a feeling that it will get plenty of media exposure.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Nice. Sounds like fun for you. This is your time as a poke fan so enjoy it! 'Cause the football hype train will derail and disappoint you again

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So you'd be on the side of the team who lasts longer has the better season? It may be better to win the NIT than to lose in rd 1 of the big boy tournament.
Besides, they'll just go back to being a football and gymnastics school next year anyway.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Besides, they'll just go back to being a football and gymnastics school next year anyway.

Sure beats being a golf & wrestling school

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Actually with as many people across the country not just in Oklahoma who are upset over this year's bracket and the fact that it's on ESPN I have a feeling that it will get plenty of media exposure.

There are upset fan bases every year when the brackets come out.

Last years NIT Championship game was one of the more watched games in recent history and up 40% over the previous year and still only got a 0.7 rating with 1.1 million viewers.
Last years opening weekend of the NCAA tournament averaged 11.9 million viewers per game.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Not sure how little bro syndrome would keep us out in a year we took 2 of 3 from your sorry asses. That's 4 of the last 5 now, big sis.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO

It's a legit question, but I view the NIT is all for nothing if you don't win it which is odd because it's tough to win that many games in a row. But that's how I view it still. All or nothing. I'd trade places with OU right now in heart beat. We'd curb stomp RI then probably get the same done to us by Duke.

I'm excited about our future with Boynton though.