Bedlam Basketball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
When OU was riding high and all the media wanted to do was cover Trae, there was a lot of negative comments about him never passing the ball. I guess no one realized that he has led the NCAA in assists per game all season which he still leads by a decent margin.
The media still swings from Young's nuts even when OU sucks.

As for the assists, I knew about it. He's a helluva shooter and ball handler. He facilitates the entire offense. Any shot that goes up he will wind up with the bucket or the assist. My guess is still the same.. I don't think his teammates like playing with him. Hell, they might not even like him off the court. I don't know if he's a real dick hole or not. He's got some swagger and lots of people hate stuff like that, but it's not uncommon swagger for a guy like him. I liked him greeting and paying respect to Eddie. That won some points with me, but other than that, I've no clue what he's like off the court. His hair looks like shit and he has a weird mustache. That's all I got on him as a person.

Whether the fallout was teammates response to Trae or not, something ought to be leaked about how this team was lost. An OSU fan brought up a comparison in another forum and it's pretty spot on. This Sooner season rise and fall is eerily similar to the 2014/15 Marcus Smart (sophomore year) lead team. They even finished with the same record OU has right now. They made the tourney as the dreaded 5 seed and got bounced in the first round by Oregon. There was a lot more talent on that Poke team though.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Sometimes you're the disher, it's your turn to be the taker. Own it, enjoy it, live it!
I'm not a sociopath, i cant.

K?

I enjoy the misfortune of 0U, just as you come in here and typically push our misfortunes.

I'll take PayPal as well. I'll even buy you a beer with your own money. I'm that kinda guy.
I dont get enjoyment out of osu misfortunes unless it directly attributes good fortune for OU>

And im happy to pay, i just need a paypal address.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
When OU was riding high and all the media wanted to do was cover Trae, there was a lot of negative comments about him never passing the ball. I guess no one realized that he has led the NCAA in assists per game all season which he still leads by a decent margin.
I guess you don't realize that he has led the NCAA in turnovers per game all season which he still leads by a decent margin

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
The media still swings from Young's nuts even when OU sucks.

As for the assists, I knew about it. He's a helluva shooter and ball handler. He facilitates the entire offense. Any shot that goes up he will wind up with the bucket or the assist. My guess is still the same.. I don't think his teammates like playing with him. Hell, they might not even like him off the court. I don't know if he's a real dick hole or not. He's got some swagger and lots of people hate stuff like that, but it's not uncommon swagger for a guy like him. I liked him greeting and paying respect to Eddie. That won some points with me, but other than that, I've no clue what he's like off the court. His hair looks like shit and he has a weird mustache. That's all I got on him as a person.

Whether the fallout was teammates response to Trae or not, something ought to be leaked about how this team was lost. An OSU fan brought up a comparison in another forum and it's pretty spot on. This Sooner season rise and fall is eerily similar to the 2014/15 Marcus Smart (sophomore year) lead team. They even finished with the same record OU has right now. They made the tourney as the dreaded 5 seed and got bounced in the first round by Oregon. There was a lot more talent on that Poke team though.
I get the feeling that there is no love lost between Lindy Waters and Young, and judging by the implosion of the OU team, there might be a lot to the thought that Young's teammates don't like playing with him.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
I'm not a sociopath, i cant.

I dont get enjoyment out of osu misfortunes unless it directly attributes good fortune for OU>

And im happy to pay, i just need a paypal address.
Liar, you live on this board to pump your own miserable insecurities. Nobody's buyin what you're sellin...loser.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I get the feeling that there is no love lost between Lindy Waters and Young, and judging by the implosion of the OU team, there might be a lot to the thought that Young's teammates don't like playing with him.
Speaking of Waters and Young's feud.. I'm guessing since it's a neutral court, the Big 12 announces the starting lineup with one player from each team. After the pair is announced the are to bump fists near mid court.

Guess who Lindy was paired with? No fire works, but I thought it was funny that out of four other starters, Lindy was paired with Trae.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Hey MT, it's funny that these Pokey fans are crickets...then they get a win and come out of the woodwork!Ha! I WAS hoping the Pokes would beat the Jhawks one more time, but alas....
Crickets before KC Bedlam..? Where? Every forum I've been to, we're discussing how we can get to the tourney. Preparing to kick OU's ass was a part of the discussion then fruition.

Last edited:

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I guess you don't realize that he has led the NCAA in turnovers per game all season which he still leads by a decent margin
He's also taken 600 shots on the season which is good for third most in the nation. As of a couple days ago, one player had taken 612 shots while the other had 602 attempts. The second most shot attempts in the Big 12, as of couple days ago, was Javon Carter with 418.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
Nothing to get over, it's an opinion. MY opinions are amazing, definitely better than yours. I have all the best opinions.

Hey maybe last year when he was #3 on the team, he was probably close to all big 12 good. Pretty clear he isnt the same guy this year. But that's okay because OU is still awesome
Pay no attention to p2U, he's an angry elf. Fact is neither basketball team could make it happen in the Big 12 tourney this season, so I'll pull for WV to knock off Jhawks.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Nothing to get over, it's an opinion. MY opinions are amazing, definitely better than yours. I have all the best opinions.

Hey maybe last year when he was #3 on the team, he was probably close to all big 12 good. Pretty clear he isnt the same guy this year. But that's okay because OU is still awesome
Pay no attention to p2U, he's an angry elf. Fact is neither basketball team could make it happen in the Big 12 tourney this season, so I'll pull for WV to knock off Jhawks.
If you’re talking about 2u, I agree. I’ve had that prick on ignore for a while and the maturity of the average poster skyrocketed.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
I must say OSU and Baylor left out, and OU gets in? Not sure I agree with that but I'll take it. Might be the little brother syndrome for the Pokes, not sure. Go shine in the NIT with Baylor...represent! OU better figure out that first half of season winning or they'll be one and done.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
If OU gets past RI, Duke is going to run a train on them. It'll be like the record setting Villanova loss a couple of years ago.
They won't get past RI unless trae plays alone since the rest of the team obviously dislikes him.

Last edited: