Bedlam Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
This should be one of the best BIG 12 tournaments to watch, UT has even been playing better. Baylor is a contender too.
Agreed. Baylor has been on fire. We ended their 13 game win streak which took 7 home runs in one game to do. They still took the series and kept Texas' hopes alive. The tourney will be difficult with the depth of our staff. I hate to say it, but an early exit might be in our best interest to keep arms fresh for Regionals in Stillwater.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You must mean the Bedlam Series standings, which covers all sports that we both compete in, and which OSU just secured for the 5th straight year.
Yup. Exactly.

I'm thankful you're thankful, but we're typically good at a lot of sports which includes baseball.
I'm thankful that you're thankful that I'm thankful. We start the triumvirate of thankfulness. And it's good that they're good at a lot of sports, it's like salve for the sting of how it's going with the best sport, most of our us call it our favorite. It has been for me too, I know the feeling.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I'm thankful that you're thankful that I'm thankful. We start the triumvirate of thankfulness. And it's good that they're good at a lot of sports, it's like salve for the sting of how it's going with the best sport, most of our us call it our favorite. It has been for me too, I know the feeling.
Oh, you're saying we'll lose to OU in football? Tell me something I don't know.

Even if we lose another Bedlam football game, it'll be hard to top the sting of 2012 and 2013. I'll gladly trade a baseball natty for a Bedlam football loss.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Oh, you're saying we'll lose to OU in football? Tell me something I don't know.

Even if we lose another Bedlam football game, it'll be hard to top the sting of 2012 and 2013. I'll gladly trade a baseball natty for a Bedlam football loss.
No, I'm suggesting that the pokes are simply more successful in other sports than football.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
No, I'm suggesting that the pokes are simply more successful in other sports than football.
True. We have been, and continue to be, one of the most successful athletic programs in the country. As a true fan, it's great to have teams that can compete year round. Historically, that hasn't always included football, but now it does where we contend for championships on our up years and even in our down years, we have winning records and bowl games. Only Texas is near OSU as far as overall athletic program excellence in the Big 12.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
True. We have been, and continue to be, one of the most successful athletic programs in the country. As a true fan, it's great to have teams that can compete year round. Historically, that hasn't always included football, but now it does where we contend for championships on our up years and even in our down years, we have winning records and bowl games. Only Texas is near OSU as far as overall athletic program excellence in the Big 12.
I think we've discussed this before...football and basketball are what matter, some baseball and softball, but success in football brings in the big bucks. You are correct, if success means making a bowl game, no matter what bowl it is, then yes the Pokes have had a lot of success.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
I think we've discussed this before...football and basketball are what matter, some baseball and softball, but success in football brings in the big bucks. You are correct, if success means making a bowl game, no matter what bowl it is, then yes the Pokes have had a lot of success.
Softball...bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
LOL softball.. nobody gives a shit, sally.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Well I tried to give the ladies some cred, guess that doesn't work for the Pokes.
Don't try and act all white knight.. If you really cared for all goonettes, you would have shown love to women's basketball and gymnastics, two other sports that nobody cares about.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
Don't try and act all white knight.. If you really cared for all goonettes, you would have shown love to women's basketball and gymnastics, two other sports that nobody cares about.
I can see why the Pokes dont care about other sports, it's obvious. I must say though, softball has created some nice income for OU, Gasso has created a true dynasty and raises a lot of big money for the university. Gajewski, who obviously gets no love from Poke U, has created____________, you can fill in the blank. We can talk other sports if you wish....OU's women's gymnastics won national championships last two years in a row. At OU, we care about all sports, obviously you Pokes dont. Dont distress though, football is just around the corner. We know football is king.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I can see why the Pokes dont care about other sports, it's obvious. I must say though, softball has created some nice income for OU, Gasso has created a true dynasty and raises a lot of big money for the university. Gajewski, who obviously gets no love from Poke U, has created____________, you can fill in the blank. We can talk other sports if you wish....OU's women's gymnastics won national championships last two years in a row. At OU, we care about all sports, obviously you Pokes dont. Dont distress though, football is just around the corner. We know football is king.
You're the only sooner in here waving the all sports flags. The rest of your pals are quoted in here not giving a damn about and bedowngrading many sports aside from football. You're a rare breed.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Football has been pretty successful.
I suppose that depends on your standards.

Woot

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Yup. Exactly.

Gymnastics?