Bedlam Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

orngblkzebra

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
You weren't there. I was. Gaylord was empty.
I was there also, have family ssn ticket holders. Honestly, i have about 20 tickets from the 90's. Needless to say, they didn't attend many games during that time, which explains why I was there. When you're single and strapped for cash, a free ticket to any event is a mini getaway. Any money I spent went to baseball- 89er/Redhawks & OSU.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I was there also, have family ssn ticket holders. Honestly, i have about 20 tickets from the 90's. Needless to say, they didn't attend many games during that time, which explains why I was there. When you're single and strapped for cash, a free ticket to any event is a mini getaway. Any money I spent went to baseball- 89er/Redhawks & OSU.
My sister was at OU in the early 90s. We mainly tailgated and my dad put on OU Theta stuff for her with a happy face as he won a lot of money betting against OU back then. Place was empty. Fans were depressed at the tailgates and they drank their sorrows away. Best thing I remember is pumping my football with so much air that it felt rock solid. If you didn't catch it, it bounced off pretty high and fast off the pavement. My buddy let a pass go through his hands from my sister's BF at the time. Thing took one bounce and landed in the back windshield of a sooner Jeep Grand Cherokee. The ball stuck and the glass shattered. It was awesome.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
If you say so! I know OU wasnt at 100% capacity, but i bet they had a higher percentage of their stadium filled out. too bad we'll never know because your "eye test" doesnt match up with the reported attendance numbers of the day. But im sure the attendance numbers reported in stillwater were all very accurate though

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
If you say so! I know OU wasnt at 100% capacity, but i bet they had a higher percentage of their stadium filled out. too bad we'll never know because your "eye test" doesnt match up with the reported attendance numbers of the day. But im sure the attendance numbers reported in stillwater were all very accurate though
Don't tell us the numbers, show us the numbers!

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
they may have sold the tickets, but they couldn't give them away. I lived not to far away and had tickets offered to me every week they had a home game.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
they may have sold the tickets, but they couldn't give them away. I lived not to far away and had tickets offered to me every week they had a home game.
Pinhead can't admit goon fans are sunshine fans...when they are winning they will buy tickets before feeding the kids. I still remember a couple of years when their stadium was sparsely attended...in fact had a couple of their "faithful" throw their tickets into the wind on the first tee box. Pitiful group of egomaniacs.