Bedlam apathy, inevitable butt kicking

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
The truth of the matter is that it really doesn’t matter if you watch or not. We all want OSU to succeed but I give us a 5% chance of winning this game. We are not playing Bob Stoops any more or the odds would go up substantially. Lincoln Riley is one of the most intelligent coaches in the game and a far better coach than bob would ever dream of. Our coach has decided to become complacent similarly to Bob Stoops but the difference is that Bob was a step up from gundy on the intelligence scale. Saturday will be like watching Einstein vs Elmer Fudd.

It’s bad enough when you have the clear talent discrepancy but add in gundys propensity to play conservative and pee down his leg with the sight of OU helmets... we all know how the story goes. I would love to see us pull the upset but I have extreme doubts that Gundy will play to win and even if he does it will be a tough game.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
The truth of the matter is that it really doesn’t matter if you watch or not. We all want OSU to succeed but I give us a 5% chance of winning this game. We are not playing Bob Stoops any more or the odds would go up substantially. Lincoln Riley is one of the most intelligent coaches in the game and a far better coach than bob would ever dream of. Our coach has decided to become complacent similarly to Bob Stoops but the difference is that Bob was a step up from gundy on the intelligence scale. Saturday will be like watching Einstein vs Elmer Fudd.

It’s bad enough when you have the clear talent discrepancy but add in gundys propensity to play conservative and pee down his leg with the sight of OU helmets... we all know how the story goes. I would love to see us pull the upset but I have extreme doubts that Gundy will play to win and even if he does it will be a tough game.
You’re basing that off one season with guys Stoops recruited? Nice

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Of course you did. Because nobody is willing to understand why people won’t, for instance, watch a Bedlam game. I am almost on the same boat. Gundy plays conservative BS football against OU. And NOBODY on this board seems to give one crap that we lose to OU the vast majority of the time.
We lose to OU the vast majority of the time because in the vast majority of years they have better players.
In the last 10 years...

OSU had the better team in 2009, 2011, and 2013.

OU has the better team in 2008, 2012, and 2014.

Teams were pretty even in 2010, 2015, 2016, and 2017.

So, record should have been 5-5 instead of 2-8.

Good news for this weekend is that OSU seems to actually fair better as the underdogs. 1-2 with an OT loss in 2012.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The line has moved and that school down south is now a 21 point favorite. For some strange reason I am starting to feel better about the outcome of this game.
I'd take us with the points. If there's anything I've learned from all my years of watching our games it's this. There will be some point in the game where they suck me in and I start to think, maybe we can win this game. Then reality pimp slaps me back into needing another beer.

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Yeah - you got me. Out of all the people that post on this board, I am definitely the one that takes it too seriously. :rolleyes:

I guess you just watch for the pure joy of watching bad football. If I am going to watch I want to enjoy it and not sit there calling our plays ahead of time, accurately predicting our screw ups, or scratching my head over bad decisions. Id rather enjoy a movie. The product is not fun to watch anymore. It's even less fun when the other team has an advantage over us at virtually every position on the field and on the sideline.
I watch b/c I'm an OSU fan through and through......... enjoy the new Harry Potter flick

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond

that's kind of ironic calling out someone for "peeing down there leg" at the sight of ou helmets........ your ou inferiority complex has been on display here since day one..........

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
that's kind of ironic calling out someone for "peeing down there leg" at the sight of ou helmets........ your ou inferiority complex has been on display here since day one..........
I’m going to the game..I think we can win if we play like we did against Texas. I will be rooting for the Pokes in enemy territory, wearing orange and all...

But I also think Gundy pees down his leg during the bedlam game.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
You’re basing that off one season with guys Stoops recruited? Nice
No I’m basing this off multiple NFL teams trying to mimic his offense. I am no OU fan but I would love to have a intelligent coach like Riley. He has performed on a high level for multiple teams not just OU.

Also from a recruiting standpoint, ou is only getting better. They are getting top 5 classes like the other bluebloods. Stoops usually just pulled in top 10

Last edited:

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Mike Gundy has won as many games against OU as Les Miles. Josh Fields has beat OU as many times as Gundy. Let that sink in but somehow I have a inferiority complex.

You can make comments but the facts still exist that Coach Gundy can’t even beat the historical average against OU. I’m sure it’s just fans making up stuff lol

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Sometimes it’s talent, sometimes it’s coaching and sometimes it’s both but the one thing that never changes is that only one team enters that stadium believing 100% that they are going to win that game and that’s the Sooners. Even in the handful of years we were better and even the years we won the game, they came in believing wholeheartedly they were going to win that game. We rarely ever enter that game with that belief and that applies from the head coach to the water boy to the fans. Until that mindset changes, the trajectory of this series is not going to change.

Mar 8, 2010
Mike Gundy has won as many games against OU as Les Miles. Josh Fields has beat OU as many times as Gundy. Let that sink in but somehow I have a inferiority complex.

You can make comments but the facts still exist that Coach Gundy can’t even beat the historical average against OU. I’m sure it’s just fans making up stuff lol[/QUOTE]

In my books, Gundy really only has one win vs. uo. You can't really give him credit for the year Stoops made the stupid decision to repunt to Tyreek. Stoops gets credit for that OSU win, not Gundy.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Sometimes it’s talent, sometimes it’s coaching and sometimes it’s both but the one thing that never changes is that only one team enters that stadium believing 100% that they are going to win that game and that’s the Sooners. Even in the handful of years we were better and even the years we won the game, they came in believing wholeheartedly they were going to win that game. We rarely ever enter that game with that belief and that applies from the head coach to the water boy to the fans. Until that mindset changes, the trajectory of this series is not going to change.
Yep, saw a clip of an interview with Corndog last night on the news when asked about bedlam. The look on his face and his answer was of no confidence at all that they even have a shot in this game. Looked like a guy that knows he will get sacked at least 5 times tomorrow.