Bedlam apathy, inevitable butt kicking

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Are any of them worse in the last decade because Alabama is better? If so, I can't see it. I see them all trying to keep up, some with more, some with less success.
Overall record......... SEC record

1. Bama... 125-14... 78-10
2. LSU....... 95-34... 54-28
3. UGA...... 95-39... 55-29
4. UF......... 86-43... 53-31
5. AU......... 83-48... 44-39
6. USC...... 81-49... 42-39
7. Mizz...... 80-50... 43-41
8. A&M...... 77-52... 40-41
9. MSU...... 74-54... 35-45
10. MISS... 69-57... 32-48
11. Ark....... 67-59... 30-50
12. Tenn.... 62-63... 26-54
13. VU....... 53-72... 22-58
14. UK....... 53-72... 21-59

The thing that's difficult to quantify is how many schools have felt the pressure to chase Saban & Bama & have changed head coaches. LSU, UGA, UF, USC, Mizz, A&M, Ole Miss, Ark, Tenn. That's 9 of 14 in the last 5 years or more recently.

Kind of interesting when you compare it to the Big 12 & relative stability among its' coaching staffs.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
is Texas good? 3 losses say otherwise...
They beat OU and I believe anything can happen. You may want to join the crowd cowering in the corner but, I still hold out hope for my team until it proves otherwise.
My position is my position, not going to change.

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
I certainly don't plan on watching.

And you guys can't call me a bad fan either.

Because I'll be watching our basketball team take on Charlotte that afternoon. I grew up on OSU Basketball & Baseball in the 90's, that ain't changing, even if we someday become a blue blood in football.
I love OSU hoops..I have always said I would take a basketball championship over a football championship..and I mean that...

Still, I’m so nuts I’m actually going to the game Saturday...my wife is an ou grad (her one fault) and one of her classmates wrangled some tickets. They are good folks as gooners go and have been good sports regardless as to who wins (a rarity I know).

If we can beat Texas we can beat them. I doubt we do, but I figured the Horns would kill us too, so you never know...

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma

Because I'll be watching our basketball team take on Charlotte that afternoon. I grew up on OSU Basketball & Baseball in the 90's, that ain't changing, even if we someday become a blue blood in football.
You’re a bad football fan. See, I did it. I called you a bad fan. So easy this caveman could do it. :D

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
Count me in with @Ptak'sNewspaper. I won't be watching either. The last bedlam I watched start to finish was 2011. The year JG dropped a game winning pick was the last game I watched more than 50%. I'd rather keep my blood pressure down. I will watch the basketball team and then go to a movie.
I hope to find a deer with a nice rack sometime Saturday afternoon rather than torturing myself in front a TV.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
It's rare that we are favored in a Bedlam game. It's even more rare that we win one.
When Gundy is aggressive, we have a much better chance.
Gundy hasn't given me any indication that he is willing to do whatever it takes to beat ou (or KSU, TT, ISU or Baylor) this year.

Corndog is our Obi-Wan -- our only hope as long as Gundy is calling the shots.
So, more pressure on our long shot quarterback to pay off than ever before.
I certainly hope he's up to the task of winning the upset of the year - 2018.

Go Pokes!! Beat ou.

I’m with you on this. Will be in Charlotte watching Poke basketball opener.

Feb 18, 2009
you take this stuff way to seriously............
Yeah - you got me. Out of all the people that post on this board, I am definitely the one that takes it too seriously. :rolleyes:

I guess you just watch for the pure joy of watching bad football. If I am going to watch I want to enjoy it and not sit there calling our plays ahead of time, accurately predicting our screw ups, or scratching my head over bad decisions. Id rather enjoy a movie. The product is not fun to watch anymore. It's even less fun when the other team has an advantage over us at virtually every position on the field and on the sideline.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
As for me, normally I'll not schedule anything for the entire day to get ready for Bedlam, but this year I'll be DVR'ing it. Perhaps me not watching will improve our chances (like me changing lucky underwear).
I'll be holding an open house so I can avoid being pissed off the entire day and therefore just a small part of the day.
OR PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!
If that happens, you guys know I changed underwear.

GO POKES!

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
As for me, normally I'll not schedule anything for the entire day to get ready for Bedlam, but this year I'll be DVR'ing it. Perhaps me not watching will improve our chances (like me changing lucky underwear).
I'll be holding an open house so I can avoid being pissed off the entire day and therefore just a small part of the day.
OR PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!

GO POKES!
Sometimes i change my underwear when it's not even a game day.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Really Curious how BP must feel since he plants, "No Small Trees" with his $$. Gundy is too busy massaging his $5,000,000. Holder must suck as a Texas Hold'em poker player. Gundy bluffed his ass big time. #Imemployed!
While this may be the dumbest post today, you’re in luck, someone will come along and supplant you very soon.

Feb 18, 2009
OR PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!

GO POKES!
Per my response on the post right above yours, I guess you take this way too seriously too like me. :whistle: