Bedlam apathy, inevitable butt kicking

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
In 2017 if Monken was o.c. with same talent we win Bedlam. Yurcich chokes in big moments and makes bad decisions on who get ball too. He'll throw deep when only needs 5 yards. He forgets about running backs at times. Dude is average.
Hell if we had better refs we win 2017...should have started the game 14-0.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
or, our QB choked............ you have to look at it from all angles. not a MY fan, but he didn't throw a crucial interception.......... also, would have won 2 more bedlam games if Justin Gilbert can hold on to an interception at home, and then on the road lets a pick 6 go through his hands, straight to Kenny Stills on our 5 yard line, and he walks in for 6.........
So much bad ju ju in that game over the years...too much. Will it ever come back around? Sans one game nearly 8 years ago, it hasn't yet.

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
So much bad ju ju in that game over the years...too much. Will it ever come back around? Sans one game nearly 8 years ago, it hasn't yet.
Nearly 8 years ago a very good Cowboy team beat up on an average Sooner team. Maybe it's 4 years ago that you're thinking, when Stoops thankfully chose to punt the ball again to Tyreek Hill. About the only time luck was on our side that I can think of in recent Bedlam memory.

Apr 20, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
or, our QB choked............ you have to look at it from all angles. not a MY fan, but he didn't throw a crucial interception.......... also, would have won 2 more bedlam games if Justin Gilbert can hold on to an interception at home, and then on the road lets a pick 6 go through his hands, straight to Kenny Stills on our 5 yard line, and he walks in for 6.........
I'd say we doubled down on juju in 2014. We may not have much left to leverage with.

Nov 6, 2010
No guarantee that OU regresses. Has any of the SEC regressed?
I think you can argue it has, but I won't stake my argument on it. The SEC is a huge swath of territory with many more historically competitive teams than the OU/Texas dynamic. I mean Florida, GA, Alabama, LSU, Auburn,even Ole Miss have all been serious national champ contenders the last couple decades. In our area, it's only OU/Texas, a few outliers aside.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I think you can argue it has, but I won't stake my argument on it. The SEC is a huge swath of territory with many more historically competitive teams than the OU/Texas dynamic. I mean Florida, GA, Alabama, LSU, Auburn,even Ole Miss have all been serious national champ contenders the last couple decades. In our area, it's only OU/Texas, a few outliers aside.
Are any of them worse in the last decade because Alabama is better? If so, I can't see it. I see them all trying to keep up, some with more, some with less success.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
This freaking thread title, surrendering before the kickoff. FUCK THAT!!! Some of you people need to be run over repeatedly by bullet with a fat paddle person in the saddle.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I would argue that LSU has regressed.
"I see them all trying to keep up, some with more, some with less success."

In 2011 when LSU and Alabama played in the BCS Championship game "rematch" the score was 21-0. The score Saturday night? 29-0. The thing is, though, LSU won the game earlier in the year 9-6 in OT. So, have they really regressed, or has Alabama simply gotten better? I'd say the latter.

Remember what has happened this year in the SEC outside of Alabama: LSU beat UGA who beat Florida who beat LSU who beat UGA who beat Florida who beat LSU who beat UGA... ad infinitum. Again, I'd say Alabama has gotten better, not that any of the rest of them have regressed.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
"I see them all trying to keep up, some with more, some with less success."

In 2011 when LSU and Alabama played in the BCS Championship game "rematch" the score was 21-0. The score Saturday night? 29-0. The thing is, though, LSU won the game earlier in the year 9-6 in OT. So, have they really regressed, or has Alabama simply gotten better? I'd say the latter.

Remember what has happened this year in the SEC outside of Alabama: LSU beat UGA who beat Florida who beat LSU who beat UGA who beat Florida who beat LSU who beat UGA... ad infinitum. Again, I'd say Alabama has gotten better, not that any of the rest of them have regressed.
I will agree that Alabama is the gold standard in terms of being the elite team and this maybe Sabans most dominant team. However, I don’t think we can really conclude that other SEC teams were better until bowl season.

Jul 30, 2009
Edmond, OK
I haven't watched a Bedlam game since 2012 (they all end the same)....But boy, This ought to be a fun one Saturday! Maybe OU will take pity on us....Who didn't see Conserv-o Gundy coming today after actually playing to win last week...What an exhausting, predictable team... I think we are headed for an actual 70 point beatdown unless Riley has some soft spot for Gundy. What a giant Turd of a football season this has been...
Well said.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I will agree that Alabama is the gold standard in terms of being the elite team and this maybe Sabans most dominant team. However, I don’t think we can really conclude that other SEC teams were better until bowl season.
Where the freak did I say they were better? Can you actually read? I said they hadn't regressed, that Alabama had gotten better.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
When I was in school they beat us 70 to 7. Took years of therapy to recover from that one. Now, at my age, I just may die. Can we ask for a bye this year?
It distressed you so bad you got confused and remembered the wrong score.