Bedlam apathy, inevitable butt kicking

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
you were coaching w/ Eddie Sutton while you were in middle school? now i know you're full of sh!t
I was in the stands. Can you read? More specifically at the game in Gallagher Iba arena. I remember when it was announced we beat OU with miles when he put in josh fields.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I was in the stands. Can you read? More specifically at the game in Gallagher Iba arena. I remember when it was announced we beat OU with miles when he put in josh fields.
no really, that was an amazing story................... glad you have those memories

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
Not to get in the way of a good pissing match, but it’s speculated that thoughts, as chemical reactions in the brain, have mass..as such they have a gravitational pull (although be it infinitesimal). Therefore, if we all focus on one thing, like say beating the Sooners, our collective thoughts should, in theory, have a real world pull on events that take place. Therefore, if we focus on beating the Sooners hard enough, we can have an impact on the game....

(Of course that sounds like a lot of hippie dippie bull crap, but it’s worth a try..it’s as affective as asking corn dog to keep
Throwing the deep ball..obviously I’ve been drinking)

Apr 20, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Not to get in the way of a good pissing match, but it’s speculated that thoughts, as chemical reactions in the brain, have mass..as such they have a gravitational pull (although be it infinitesimal). Therefore, if we all focus on one thing, like say beating the Sooners, our collective thoughts should, in theory, have a real world pull on events that take place. Therefore, if we focus on beating the Sooners hard enough, we can have an impact on the game....

(Of course that sounds like a lot of hippie dippie bull crap, but it’s worth a try..it’s as affective as asking corn dog to keep
Effective*

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
Sometimes it’s talent, sometimes it’s coaching and sometimes it’s both but the one thing that never changes is that only one team enters that stadium believing 100% that they are going to win that game and that’s the Sooners. Even in the handful of years we were better and even the years we won the game, they came in believing wholeheartedly they were going to win that game. We rarely ever enter that game with that belief and that applies from the head coach to the water boy to the fans. Until that mindset changes, the trajectory of this series is not going to change.
This is it. Right here. This is why we lose games we shouldn’t and why we never perform against OU. OU doesn’t have any better talent than Texas and we have been consistently beating Texas for a while now. There are no issues with the cosmos or some boogie man. It’s going out and having confidence in yourself and beating the guy across from you.

“Beat the man across from you and make his ass quit.” - Ed Orgeron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
Sometimes it’s talent, sometimes it’s coaching and sometimes it’s both but the one thing that never changes is that only one team enters that stadium believing 100% that they are going to win that game and that’s the Sooners. Even in the handful of years we were better and even the years we won the game, they came in believing wholeheartedly they were going to win that game. We rarely ever enter that game with that belief and that applies from the head coach to the water boy to the fans. Until that mindset changes, the trajectory of this series is not going to change.
And that mindset is 10000000% gundy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

It worked!