Baylor suspending all football activities...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I assume that the only forfeit is if you have the required min but still don’t want to play.
so that ain’t happening, too easy to bump up your unavailability numbers

now when we run out if available weekend the conference may cancel a game or two

Nov 18, 2010
In a year where the big 10 is going to play 8 total games....
And the Pac 12 will only have played 3 games when its time to pick teams for the playoff...
Maybe it doesn't matter if we don't play Baylor. Maybe fewer games increases our chances to stay undefeated?
Don't get me wrong, I hope we play the rest of the season, but there's a real possibility that this helps us.

This Iowa State game in 2 weeks could be huge.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
In a year where the big 10 is going to play 8 total games....
And the Pac 12 will only have played 3 games when its time to pick teams for the playoff...
Maybe it doesn't matter if we don't play Baylor. Maybe fewer games increases our chances to stay undefeated?
Don't get me wrong, I hope we play the rest of the season, but there's a real possibility that this helps us.

This Iowa State game in 2 weeks could be huge.
Last year @ISU was the game of the year for the Pokes IMHO. We really only got three big plays and a huge play on defense but it was enough. I think this year we are both similar teams, but I just think we have their number. Obviously we have to take them VERY seriously and will due to their win over ou. Hall, Purdy and Kolar are all very good to great players, but I think our defense will be the difference. They need to look at it as every play every game however and bring their A game...Go Pokes!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I have a question for anyone who knows...

What sports have had our 124 cases since we started testing June 1st? Sounds like we got it early and over with at least for a while maybe?

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Baylor AD now spouting some crap “we did everything right. It was a false negative that cause the spread”

like anyone believes anything out of Waco

Nov 18, 2010
Baylor AD now spouting some crap “we did everything right. It was a false negative that cause the spread”
like anyone believes anything out of Waco
I wouldn't be surprised if he was telling the truth.
With the current system we have, if one player has a false positive, you have to quarantine your entire team for 2 weeks because of 'contact tracing'.

Nov 18, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if he was telling the truth.
With the current system we have, if one player has a false positive, you have to quarantine your entire team for 2 weeks because of 'contact tracing'.
The more I think about, there's no way Baylor wanted to cancel a football game in Waco that would have generated a lot of money for the school and community (Restaurants, etc.)
Conversely, there's definitely people out there who count each cancelled event as a victory.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
IMHO, no matter your feelings for Baylor, it's better that they canceled for us on multiple levels.

1. If they truly have an outbreak (which I think they do, and are being very, maybe overly, careful due to having a first year coach), we don't want to play them and catch it.
2. We have 3 positives ourselves and need to get those guys back...this gives us time to do that.
3. We had 48 hours off time for the first time in six weeks and need to ensure those guys are ok, this gives us time to do that as well.
4. We have at least one inured lineman who might be able to return to practice in the allotted time and another who might be out most of the season...we have a QB who needs to fully heal a bad ankle. We have another QB who has been wearing a knee brace for an old injury and maybe this gives that more time to heal as well. We need everyone healthy and this "should" enable that.
5. Them being up front is far better than hiding it.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
All good points.

Doesn't change my opinion that BU would twist the truth to put them in the best light.

Or that they will bend the Conference rules to their benefit.

OctaviusRexLTH

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
IMHO, no matter your feelings for Baylor, it's better that they canceled for us on multiple levels.

1. If they truly have an outbreak (which I think they do, and are being very, maybe overly, careful due to having a first year coach), we don't want to play them and catch it.
2. We have 3 positives ourselves and need to get those guys back...this gives us time to do that.
3. We had 48 hours off time for the first time in six weeks and need to ensure those guys are ok, this gives us time to do that as well.
4. We have at least one inured lineman who might be able to return to practice in the allotted time and another who might be out most of the season...we have a QB who needs to fully heal a bad ankle. We have another QB who has been wearing a knee brace for an old injury and maybe this gives that more time to heal as well. We need everyone healthy and this "should" enable that.
5. Them being up front is far better than hiding it.
Is it Cole Birmingham or Hunter Anthony that we'd possibly be getting back?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Is it Cole Birmingham or Hunter Anthony that we'd possibly be getting back?
I was honestly spit balling on that point about the OL. I do think ones injury was worse than the other one and that may result in us getting one back. Not sure which or if it was a different guy although, just saying it's a possibility that we get the OL more healthy and some guys back in the rotation would help.