Baylor game

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I certainly agree with much if your criticisms of Gundy, but question your priorities. The worst day watching OSU football is better than the best day helping someone move. ;-)
Really? I'd much rather help someone (especially a family member) move than subject myself to things like Bedlam 2009 or other, similar "worst day" for OSU football. To each their own, I suppose.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
1. Its not just that we're under-performing. Its that our coaching staff is literally being insane right now, and there's no indication that it will improve. Heck, any time Gundy is pressed he just doubles down on whatever he's doing. Personally, I don't really care to support Gundy any more.

2. I generally don't view being a fan as some noble endeavor worthy of praise or honor. Its just tribalism, and only related to an entertainment avenue. Being a "good fan" is, like, one of the most asinine things in the world. There are far more important things in life than being a good fan.

3. As I've stated numerous times - I really don't think that supporting the university is some noble thing. I paid out the butt to get a degree from OSU. They didn't "give" me anything. I don't owe them anything. They are a for-profit organization that also runs an entertainment business known as a college football team. As such, if they want me to invest, then they need to produce something worth investing in (re: a college degree, entertainment value, etc...).

You're free to support the team how you wish. So am I. That's the great thing about our country.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
1. Its not just that we're under-performing. Its that our coaching staff is literally being insane right now, and there's no indication that it will improve. Heck, any time Gundy is pressed he just doubles down on whatever he's doing. Personally, I don't really care to support Gundy any more.

2. I generally don't view being a fan as some noble endeavor worthy of praise or honor. Its just tribalism, and only related to an entertainment avenue. Being a "good fan" is, like, one of the most asinine things in the world. There are far more important things in life than being a good fan.

3. As I've stated numerous times - I really don't think that supporting the university is some noble thing. I paid out the butt to get a degree from OSU. They didn't "give" me anything. I don't owe them anything. They are a for-profit organization that also runs an entertainment business known as a college football team. As such, if they want me to invest, then they need to produce something worth investing in (re: a college degree, entertainment value, etc...).

You're free to support the team how you wish. So am I. That's the great thing about our country.
Though we disagree on some things, I couldn't agree with you more on #'s 2 & 3. Churches are the most apt comparison I can make to universitites.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Well alright then...I'm sure Gundy's like..."don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!"

Happy Homecoming week!
1571336246098.png

Go Pokes!

Last edited:

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Well alright then...I'm sure Gundy's like..."don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!"

Happy Homecoming week!
View attachment 74159
Go Pokes!
Gundy doesn't know that I exist, and neither he nor I could care less what the other thinks. So.......pretty sure you're the only one that's making a big deal out of this due to your apparent superiority complex.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I feel like everyone gets to decide what they do with their time and how loyal they want to be. The part I don't get is coming on a message board and announcing your departure from the band wagon. It sounds almost as if they are trying to sell others on the choices they are making.

To those leaving, don't rationalize that you are "sending a message" because Holder and Gundy already know we want wins. And, we'll save you a seat for the next upturn.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Gundy doesn't know that I exist, and neither he nor I could care less what the other thinks. So.......pretty sure you're the only one that's making a big deal out of this due to your apparent superiority complex.
Then why are you wasting bandwidth here? Seriously If you don't care are you just here to be negative?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Then why are you wasting bandwidth here? Seriously If you don't care are you just here to be negative?
Because I still like OSU, football, and OSU football. I'm just done hoping that Gundy will be anything better than what we've seen, and I'm done hoping that Gundy will improve as a game manager / play caller. And with no hope of improvement, it leaves me little incentive to watch when other activities conflict with gameday.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Because I still like OSU, football, and OSU football. I'm just done hoping that Gundy will be anything better than what we've seen, and I'm done hoping that Gundy will improve as a game manager / play caller. And with no hope of improvement, it leaves me little incentive to watch when other activities conflict with gameday.
I believe that's been made abundantly clear.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It's not a big deal...chill, it's homecoming week and more than just football is in the air...enjoy a beer or a Coney and make a trip around campus on walk around Friday night.. Fall is in the air! You can hate on Gundy and still love the school...I just think it's misguided and totally incorrect, but it's your right as an American to have your opinion.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Gundy has clearly gone from hungry young coach to a program manager right before our eyes. I'm OK with this as long as he lets his hungry young assistant coaches do their thing. I don't think its going to happen though.

I will add that its pretty clear that Gundy is the most successful coach OSU has ever had and we will be lucky to find another coach as good as he has been when he decides to leave. It's easy to sit back and criticize but when you look at much larger programs with much larger budgets that continue to struggle we should consider ourselves lucky.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006

Misery loves company and it's clear that you're looking for it. This message board is >99% people who love Oklahoma State and choose to support it - some aren't supporters of particular sports or activities (or specifically a coach) and some are fans of all of it - but most everyone is a supporter of OSU. If you aren't here to support OSU, you're going to find yourself an outsider in most discussions. Nothing obligates anyone to support OSU, but this is an odd place to take that position. It would be similar to show up to an OSU pep rally to tell everyone you're frustrated so you don't plan to cheer for them. I believe this would be called an exercise in futility.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
So the Texas game wasn't a wake-up call? Give me a break. These guys get 12 chances every year to play their hearts out. If the coaches or players can't "wake up" without losing, then we need different coaches or players. If you want to compete for conference championships (lol at competing for a NC under Gundy), then you don't get to have "wake-up call" games.
I thought Tulsa was the “wake up call”

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I thought Tulsa was the “wake up call”
Being led by a Rs Freshman QB can make a team mercurial. Lots of ups and downs.
It was amazing how much I missed watching OSU last Saturday. I’m going to enjoy today’s game regardless of the outcome. However I’ll enjoy it more when we win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk