Baylor game

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
We are more than capable of winning this game. I would love to see Gundy to turn the reigns loose to our coordinators and really see what they can do. Bye week came at a good time for offensive line. Maybe they can get something figured out. A freakin haircut would get me fired up. I'm curious who puts more dye in their hair Miles or Gundy.
Not even close, Black Chalk Jay Bird

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
This is it. A win and the program has a chance a loss and likely a long ride (meaning years) in the basement of the big12. Baylor should be a 20+ point fav vs knowles no idea what I am trying to do from these formations defense.

5 and 7 is staring Gundy right in the stupid mullet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Has this ever happened to us? Have we ever lost a game that defined our program? Has any team had that happen? Maybe a season-defining loss, but I can’t think of a program-defining loss.

Win or lose, we probably won’t think a whole lot about this game after the season ends. It’s a rebuilding year and the season as a whole probably won’t be memorable.
When we beat UCLA back in 04, the projection of the two programs changed dramatically. Hard to pin it all on one game. Yet, that’s the one win that really got us started and the one loss that had started their spiral of doom.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
An update on two running backs, both from Frank Bonner II.

First, Chuba Hubbard...

Hubbard has had the heaviest workload among running backs, which is why he and the other starters didn’t do much work the past two practices.

“It gives us a chance to take some guys that play a lot and not work them hardly any at all,” OSU coach Mike Gundy said Tuesday. “Because really, rest is the only thing that can help their bodies. So A.J. (Green) and Chuba and guys like that, they didn’t practice much the last couple of days.”

After Hubbard’s 32 rushes at Tulsa, Gundy said he would prefer to keep him around 25 carries a game. Hubbard has had more than 30 carries twice since that news conference, giving him more than 30 in three of the past four games.

He had a career-high 37 carries in the 36-30 loss at Texas. Hubbard said following the game he doesn’t care how many carries he gets as long as he can help his team.

“This is what we trained all year for,” Hubbard said. “I prepare for stuff like this so (strength and conditioning) coach (Rob) Glass gets us ready for it.”
And on LD Brown...

Oklahoma State running back LD Brown is at his best when he can use his speed in the open field.

“That’s just something I pride myself on, being that fast kid and being able to get the edge and outrun the defense,” Brown said before the season. “I love being that person.”

Brown was expected to be the clear No. 2 back behind Heisman candidate Chuba Hubbard, but he had a slow start to the season. He carried the ball seven times for just 8 yards and a touchdown in the season opener against Oregon State and hasn’t had more than five carries since.

Following the Tulsa game, in which Brown had five carries for 22 yards, OSU coach Mike Gundy said Brown just needs to focus on running north.

“He’s chopping his feet and looking around,” Gundy said last month. “He needs to run. That’s his strength, he’s fast.

“LD is chopping a little bit; he needs to run. He should be performing better than he is, and I think he will. He’s just a little unsure right now. We need him to stick his foot in the ground and go north.”
EDIT: Also, on another running back note, OSU alum Jeremy Smith is now a Tulsa Edison assistant coach. From Barry Lewis...

“I love to motivate,” said Smith, who also was a Bartlesville assistant and had a tryout with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. “The best thing is to come out here and be a part of something bigger than me. It’s a blessing. I wouldn’t see myself doing anything else but help out the next generation.”

In 2014, Jeremy Smith went to camp with the Buccaneers (whose then-head coach Lovie Smith was a Cascia Hall assistant very early in his career).

“I had a great camp, but they drafted Charles Sims from West Virginia and that was it for me,” Smith said. “I’m just focused on being coach.”

That was something he had started preparing for while at Oklahoma State when current Cincinnati Bengals assistant Jemal Singleton was Smith’s position coach.

“I knew in my junior and senior year that’s what I wanted to do,” Smith said. “So he would have me in the meeting room putting together stuff, showing younger guys, have me coach them up.”

Last edited:

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
This is it. A win and the program has a chance a loss and likely a long ride (meaning years) in the basement of the big12. Baylor should be a 20+ point fav vs knowles no idea what I am trying to do from these formations defense.

5 and 7 is staring Gundy right in the stupid mullet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
We have under achieved against Baylor in their down years and we need to fix that. We also need to reverse the feeling that last year was more than just a down year, but a downward trend in our program.

I will be really surprised if we don't play well, and win, the Baylor game.