Baylor Baseball Series

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
This is where losing all of those mid week and non con games hurt you. Instead of being at around 35 wins we have 29. With 35 wins a win over tech basically locks up a regional host. Now to even be in consideration we will have to take 2/3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 14, 2017
Texas
Very bad series loss. Baylor is not better than us. We made them look like world beaters. Really need to refocus for Tech! Crowds need to show up too.
Baylor is the hottest team in the country and we are playing in their place...losing 2/3 on the road to them isn’t that unusual. Would’ve been nice to win the series but it’s baseball and they’re hot.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
2 game lead going to the final weekend. I don’t think we will get swept and I don’t think Texas will sweep. That said I think we need to win 2 to host.

Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
The coaching staff has a challenge on their hands to keep this team focused throughout a 3 game series. Game 3 against Iowa and Baylor the boys gave little to no fight at the plate against pitchers they should of rocked.

Feb 4, 2004
That was after starting 3-9. They had a 13 game winning streak until we snapped it yesterday. Look at the conference stats. They are at the top of hitting and pitching. Baylor is a very good ballclub.
The problem is we were never in 2 of the 3 games. This follows a similar pattern that occurred last week preceded by the ORU game and points to a troubling trend that goes beyond simply running up against a streaking team.

Should we be able to finish out and win the conference? We should however our recent play certainly leaves room for question and unscores the necessity to get the ship righted heading into post season play. What we’ve seen the last two weekends won’t cut it in the postseason.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017
Texas
The problem is we were never in 2 of the 3 games. This follows a similar pattern that occurred last week preceded by the ORU game and points to a troubling trend that goes beyond simply running up against a streaking team.

Should we be able to finish out and win the conference? We should however our recent play certainly leaves room for question and unscores the necessity to get the ship righted heading into post season play. What we’ve seen the last two weekends won’t cut it in the postseason.
I agree we’ve been scuffling since Bedlam but was just pointing out that Baylor isn’t a D2 team as some seemed to think.