Battlestar Galactica

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
OK, I know the reboot is already about years old, but are there any other fans out there?? I've been recording episodes on my DVR on Comet, and re-watching them in order. Anyway, I think it is some of the best SciFI I've ever seen. Went minimalist on the tech, have great plots and character depth, and paid just enough homage to the original.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I've never seen the original, only the reboot but I did like it. I got off track around the middle of the series (had issues with the streaming source) but all-around I liked it.

Have you watched the new Netflix show that Katee Sackhoff is on? "Another life" I think is what it's called. There's only one season so far but I really liked that as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
OK, I know the reboot is already about years old, but are there any other fans out there?? I've been recording episodes on my DVR on Comet, and re-watching them in order. Anyway, I think it is some of the best SciFI I've ever seen. Went minimalist on the tech, have great plots and character depth, and paid just enough homage to the original.

Mar 9, 2004
Edmond, OK
Was a great show, especially for the time it came out. With the war on terror and the Iraq War in the early stages, they integrated a lot of things into the storylines that were topical, like sleeper cells, suicide bombings, occupations, insurgencies, etc. It was really well done and went places no other TV show at the time was willing to go.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Crossroads Pt 2, the finale for season 3, might just be among the best hours of television ever created. The series is worth watching up to that point just to see it.

I've always planned on watching Caprica but just never got around to it. How does it stack up?

Nov 6, 2010
Crossroads Pt 2, the finale for season 3, might just be among the best hours of television ever created. The series is worth watching up to that point just to see it.

I've always planned on watching Caprica but just never got around to it. How does it stack up?
I never watched that one either. I missed a lot of episodes when I watched it the first time around, so I'm not sure I saw the finale for season 3, but I'm watching them in order, and just finished season 2. Anyway, I'm glad others appreciate this show. The attention to detail and as @OrudisKP mentions, the subject matter they tackled, just amazing. They go into politics, religion, psychosis, just so well written. I've only found a couple of mild "shark jumps" through season 2, and that ain't too shabby for a SciFi TV series.

Jul 22, 2011
I need to finish this series some day. The dogfights were great early on. I got kind of bogged down in the "BUT WAIT, HE/SHE'S A CYLON!!" theme that started to develop around season 3. I feel like HBOs Westworld made the same missteps and ended up being straight-up garbage.

The Expanse from SyFy is also very good, if you make it about 6 episodes in and get used to the silly accents.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
The Expanse from SyFy is also very good, if you make it about 6 episodes in and get used to the silly accents.
Yeah, I REALLY like this show. I actually liked how they gave the belters their own accents. Also, the switch from Syfy to Amazon being in control was very obvious (and very welcomed for me). There's just things that you can get away with on Amazon/Netflix that just won't fly on cable tv. The show got much better after Amazon took over IMO. To me, this is one of the most "the future could actually be like this" sci-fi shows as far as the technology/civilizations/social constructs etc. Obviously the alien/proto-molecule business isn't realistic but everything else seems entirely possible.