Basketball Team Expectations

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 14, 2009
I have given up on Yor. I believe it’s time for him to get a lot better on offense or ride the pine. You have to make baskets.

Sep 23, 2010
I have given up on Yor. I believe it’s time for him to get a lot better on offense or ride the pine. You have to make baskets.
Yor still has great value. He just hasn't proven to be a game in, game out performer yet. Still his rim protection, ability to make a midrange shot and catch and finishes at the rim are good for the team. His problem is his foul trouble and energy level keep him from being a consistent performer. I personally believe Kalib is more talented and might take the starting 5 spot from him this season.

Jan 7, 2008
Yor had the second highest field goal percentage on the team. He shoots FTs at a good clip. I'm not sure I agree that he needs to get much better or ride the bench. Our defense was pretty pathetic most of last year which negated his ability to block shots effectively; however, when the defense was better and he was the rim protector behind a good defense, he completely altered games.

Sep 23, 2010
I think the 5 spot was a strength of ours down the stretch. At least one of Kailib or Yor had a good game, and sometimes both of them performed well. So, the 5 spot sured up pretty darn good once Kalib emerged because we got production on the games Yor played poorly or got in foul trouble. I don't believe you can play them at the same time very much though.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Yor had the second highest field goal percentage on the team. He shoots FTs at a good clip. I'm not sure I agree that he needs to get much better or ride the bench. Our defense was pretty pathetic most of last year which negated his ability to block shots effectively; however, when the defense was better and he was the rim protector behind a good defense, he completely altered games.
I agree. However he does need to rebound better. A lot of our games Liklele was our leading rebounder. I guess that means none of bigs rebounded all that well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Yor is offensively challenged. Kalib needs to be the guy.
I’d rather have a Center that excels defensively rather than on offense. Any of the 5 guys on the court can penetrate the lane. The defensive potential of the Center position is worth so much because of height and proximity to the rim.

Fly

Wrangler
Jan 10, 2020
Edmond
Yor is a shot blocker, but his overall defense is subpar. Yor is a non factor due to foul issues about 50% of the time. This team as of now has one experienced guy who can penetrate and Cade’s arrival will make 2.

Sep 23, 2010
Kalib has the ability to switch out onto a ballhandler easier than Yor. They both can shot blocks at a high level. Kalib needs to get stronger so he doesn't get pushed around like a ragdoll by those fellas at West Virginia.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Kalib has the ability to switch out onto a ballhandler easier than Yor. They both can shot blocks at a high level. Kalib needs to get stronger so he doesn't get pushed around like a ragdoll by those fellas at West Virginia.
To my eye, Yor is clearly more switchy and better on the perimeter. Kalib’s advantage is all positional intelligence.

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Everyone that has spoken poorly of Yor in this thread is just so far off base. He's an elite defender and he's been very serviceable on offense. And Kalib had a solid freshman year as well. They're different players offensively, both great shot blockers, both good on switches, and both need to get better at not fouling.

Expectations for next year are make the NCAA tourney and win a game. I'd also like for us to at least get to the final four of the Big 12 tourney.

Jun 14, 2011
Everyone that has spoken poorly of Yor in this thread is just so far off base. He's an elite defender and he's been very serviceable on offense. And Kalib had a solid freshman year as well. They're different players offensively, both great shot blockers, both good on switches, and both need to get better at not fouling.

Expectations for next year are make the NCAA tourney and win a game. I'd also like for us to at least get to the final four of the Big 12 tourney.
Agreed. While he is somewhat foul prone, the lack of consistency and terrible judgment calls of Big 12 officials certainly didn't help him at all throughout last year. College officiating in general has been absolutely horrendous over the past several seasons.

On offense, Yor and Ka-boooooone! (our fav. nickname) are certainly different style players. I think that helps us over the course of any given game in being able to mix up our attack on the inside while not loosing efficiency at the other end of the floor.

Dec 17, 2011
The difference was I think Yor got too excited, I think he felt that he had to produce because no one could come in after him (thats what it was the year before). He was great to start the year but then got in over his head esp when Ice went out. He didnt start to go back into form until Kalib started to really show up and produce at a high level. I think at the end of the day Kalib is the better talented 5 man but Yor is just scary to go against defensively. 50/50 is good for that spot between the two of them. For once...the 5 spot isnt my main issue.