Basketball Freshmen

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Speaking of basketball freshmen, Mark Cooper just did a feature on Issac Likekele...

“He’s one of the best leaders I’ve ever coached,” his high school coach, Duane Gregory, said. “I always tell people he’s the best communicator I’ve ever coached. He’s a guy that has that leadership knack, but he’s able to relate to people from all different walks of life. He just has a real gift to communicate, whether it’s teammates or coaches or teachers or yourself.”

Boynton, who was Likekele’s primary recruiter, noticed his traits immediately, as well. Oklahoma State made Likekele a priority this spring when it had open spots at guard following the transfer of Brandon Averette.

Likekele was attracted to OSU in part because of the potential for early minutes — Waters (27.1 minutes per game) and Dziagwa (10.1) are the only guards returning who played last season.

But his communications and interactions with Boynton were an important part of the process, too.

“He’s always looking to get the best out of you,” Likekele said of Boynton. “That’s one of the main reasons, I feel like I can go there and become a better player than I already am.”
Link