Baseball vs tcu

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
I don't have time to read back through this thread, but I hope everyone's name is spelled right or I'm about to put a bunch of you mf'ers on ignore.
Notice he’s never returned. Or we are all on ignore and he’s just talking to himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did read the entire thread and that guy should be embarrassed by his behavior.
Yeah he just came in here being a jerk for no reason.

Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Thanks have tried all those, no luck!

When you get to the audio screen click the little osu in the upper left and corner. And it will take you to another page and if you hit play from there it should work. I’m going to try it this game. I’ll try and take a picture of the osu I’m talking about. Not the one on top but the little one in the audio player.

Edit: took a couple of tries but it does in fact work.

Just saw this. Will try next game. Thanks!

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I don't have time to read back through this thread, but I hope everyone's name is spelled right or I'm about to put a bunch of you mf'ers on ignore.
Notice he’s never returned. Or we are all on ignore and he’s just talking to himself.

I did read the entire thread and that guy should be embarrassed by his behavior.
What guy?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Jun 14, 2017
Texas
He is starting instead of coming in relief. Thus, instead of pitching with max effort, he's having to conserve to go longer. Also, he is a pitcher that thrives off of the adrenaline he gets from the biggest moments. Starting a game is a totally different talent and management of adrenaline/energy.

As a result, instead of the fastball being 91-92, it's 88 and not getting by people. Teams are getting multiple at bats against him and forcing him to spot something other than his fastball, and because, by starting, the velocity on his fastball is going to be lower, he is having to be more fine with the fastball as well.

All of these are adjustments that are not easy to make.

For example
Sean Wymer pitched on the 2017 National Team and led TCU with 30 appearances out of the pen last year. He had a 2.10 ERA... struck 66 batters in 55 2/3 innings pitched... limited opponents to a .182 batting average... team posted a 23-7 record in games he pitched...

This year, as a starter, he has a .461 era, and is just 1-1.

Teel has middle relief type stuff with a closers mentality, but is being forced to start due to injury and the fact that we have a handful of pitchers that haven't reached their potential yet.
Teel has had a lot of extended outings, pitched 7+ innings against Mo State twice and Arizona State, etc. (with lots of K’s and virtually no runs which would disprove that theory) and has been versatile (start, long relief, close, etc.). Would definitely be nice to mix those other 4 in and this staff would be very deep. Need Basso and Battenfield to be more consistent, Reza (and others) to throw more strikes, and Heasley to get it turned around and hopefully we can create enough depth to overcome the misfortunes. Can’t imagine many staffs have had that many key pieces out in the same season.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx

What guy?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Perry Poke or something like that. Total little bitchy asshole getting pissy about spelling names correctly

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
OSU 12-9, TCU 7-8

Oklahoma State picked up its second and third wins in a 24-hour period, sweeping a doubleheader the day after winning a game that ended after midnight.

In Saturday’s opener, OSU (15-10-1, 4-2) rallied to score four runs in the seventh and three in the eighth to get the win. Michael Neustifter was 2-for-5 with four RBIs and Carson McCusker hit a solo home run.
Link

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Perry Poke or something like that. Total little bitchy asshole getting pissy about spelling names correctly
ok let me get the record straight. I was not complaining about spelling, i was complaining that people that claim to know our team don't even know our guys names. As a broadcaster, it is a pet peeve of mine if you don't know anything about the teams or situations, then be quiet. This whole entire site is full of armchair people that think they know anything about the game and they don't. I will always support my team but also sometimes criticize. But at the end of the day, they are just college kids and not perfect just like all of you on here. So, i really don't care what any of you think of me on this site. And for those of you that are going to critique my grammar on a fan board, get a life. Go pokes!

cowboyfanatic

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2010
oklahoma city, OK
ok let me get the record straight. I was not complaining about spelling, i was complaining that people that claim to know our team don't even know our guys names. As a broadcaster, it is a pet peeve of mine if you don't know anything about the teams or situations, then be quiet. This whole entire site is full of armchair people that think they know anything about the game and they don't. I will always support my team but also sometimes criticize. But at the end of the day, they are just college kids and not perfect just like all of you on here. So, i really don't care what any of you think of me on this site. And for those of you that are going to critique my grammar on a fan board, get a life. Go pokes!
My thing is, there are 20-25 people who regularly post in the baseball threads. Nothing was being said negatively about the players. Does it really matter if teel gets spelled teal? Or Varela gets spelled verela? Everyone knew what the original poster was saying. Typing on a phone, words will gets auto corrected. Talking Into the phone things get changed to a more common spelling. I could have critiqued your grammar and explained that you can’t “get” a record straight and the word you are looking for is “set”. However, we all get what you are meaning and overlook it because we aren’t in grade school anymore. It’s called being an adult.

You came in after two big wins over TCU and jumped all over people instead of joining in with the celebration. That’s why people have a problem with your (over)reactions.

As for making assumptions about armchair fans, I donate to the program, I have been to every home game this year except for 2 (family wedding, and made sure I gave tickets to someone who would use them), and I’m normally fairly active in the game threads.

I’m here to talk about OSU baseball. There isn’t enough of that fan around in my opinion. If that’s what you are here to do as well, I think we can all get along and follow this team through the thick and thin. It could be a great ride! Go Pokes!

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
The fact that you think this puts you in a better light is even more pathetic. Let's just go through your post so I can point all your bullshit. .

ok let me get the record straight. I was not complaining about spelling (yes you were. That was all you were bitching about), i was complaining that people that claim to know our team don't even know our guys names (he knew the names, just not the exact spelling). As a broadcaster, it is a pet peeve of mine if you don't know anything about the teams or situations, then be quiet (He was providing us updates you moron!) This whole entire site is full of armchair people that think they know anything about the game and they don't (see post #341. we never did get your credentials. Something tells me the words "mom's basement" would be in them). I will always support my team but also sometimes criticize (Gotcha. You can criticize, but the guy who is actually bringing something to the board by providing updates can't.) But at the end of the day, they are just college kids and not perfect just like all of you on here. So, i really don't care what any of you think of me on this site (that's pretty obvious. People that act like you can't afford to care what other people think about them.) And for those of you that are going to critique my grammar on a fan board, get a life (coming from the guy whose only contribution to this thread was to sidetrack it by bitching about spelling, this may be my favorite line.) Go pokes! (pretty much the only thing you said that I agree with)

Not everybody is the greatest fan in the world like you are. The only way some people can keep up with the game is through the updates guys like Edmond post out of the kindness of their hearts. So right in the middle of an exciting game against a ranked conference opponent, this is the time you decide to make your stand? You acted like an ass and your explanation for your behavior makes it pretty obvious that's not out of character for you.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
Wasn't planning on getting into this, but PerryPoke77 is a "broadcaster"? Seriously? Maybe ham radio. He writes on about a 5th grade level (apologies to my son.) He needs to worry less about spelling names, and focus on his written language skills, which are poor to say the least.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
The fact that you think this puts you in a better light is even more pathetic. Let's just go through your post so I can point all your bullshit. .

ok let me get the record straight. I was not complaining about spelling (yes you were. That was all you were bitching about), i was complaining that people that claim to know our team don't even know our guys names (he knew the names, just not the exact spelling). As a broadcaster, it is a pet peeve of mine if you don't know anything about the teams or situations, then be quiet (He was providing us updates you moron!) This whole entire site is full of armchair people that think they know anything about the game and they don't (see post #341. we never did get your credentials. Something tells me the words "mom's basement" would be in them). I will always support my team but also sometimes criticize (Gotcha. You can criticize, but the guy who is actually bringing something to the board by providing updates can't.) But at the end of the day, they are just college kids and not perfect just like all of you on here. So, i really don't care what any of you think of me on this site (that's pretty obvious. People that act like you can't afford to care what other people think about them.) And for those of you that are going to critique my grammar on a fan board, get a life (coming from the guy whose only contribution to this thread was to sidetrack it by bitching about spelling, this may be my favorite line.) Go pokes! (pretty much the only thing you said that I agree with)

Not everybody is the greatest fan in the world like you are. The only way some people can keep up with the game is through the updates guys like Edmond post out of the kindness of their hearts. So right in the middle of an exciting game against a ranked conference opponent, this is the time you decide to make your stand? You acted like an ass and your explanation for your behavior makes it pretty obvious that's not out of character for you.
Oooooh I feel the ignore button coming in 3..2..1....

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
So, I'm going to do my best to get this thread back on track.

1. I have never seen Littell and Neustifter look so comfortable at the plate throughout an entire weekend, ever. I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come.

2. I don't know the exact number, but we drove many balls the other way over the weekend. I remember Coach Holliday mentioning that as a point of emphasis a few weeks ago when we were really struggling at it. I'm hoping something really clicked there.

3. We saw what we have when Battenfield, Basso, and Aleaziz are at their best. It completely transforms the look of our team. Just need more consistency from those boys.

4. I have been very impressed with Lienhard's mental toughness in his last 2 starts. I didn't think he had his best working for him against TCU, but I felt he really competed his tail off.

5. I don't ever remember us being this weak defensively at catcher.

6. Sifrit has to be the biggest pleasant surprise on this team to me. Very impressed with him.

7. I'm not ready to proclaim that we've turned the corner yet, but this could be very similar to how we turned a corner against TCU at home in 2014. Still, lack of pitching depth could really bite us by the end of the year.

8. Offensively, I don't expect Littell and McCusker to do that every weekend, but the signs are there that we're getting better as a team offensively. If we could somehow figure out how to get Cash and Cabbiness going, this offense has the potential to be as good as anyone in the Big XII.

Feb 4, 2004

1. I have never seen Littell and Neustifter look so comfortable at the plate throughout an entire weekend, ever. I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come.

2. I don't know the exact number, but we drove many balls the other way over the weekend. I remember Coach Holliday mentioning that as a point of emphasis a few weeks ago when we were really struggling at it. I'm hoping something really clicked there.

3. We saw what we have when Battenfield, Basso, and Aleaziz are at their best. It completely transforms the look of our team. Just need more consistency from those boys.

4. I have been very impressed with Lienhard's mental toughness in his last 2 starts. I didn't think he had his best working for him against TCU, but I felt he really competed his tail off.

6. Sifrit has to be the biggest pleasant surprise on this team to me. Very impressed with him.

7. I'm not ready to proclaim that we've turned the corner yet, but this could be very similar to how we turned a corner against TCU at home in 2014. Still, lack of pitching depth could really bite us by the end of the year.

8. Offensively, I don't expect Littell and McCusker to do that every weekend, but the signs are there that we're getting better as a team offensively. If we could somehow figure out how to get Cash and Cabbiness going, this offense has the potential to be as good as anyone in the Big XII.

I agree completely. Littell has simplified his swing significantly from a year ago, and even slightly further from the start of the year and it is paying big dividends.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Wasn't planning on getting into this, but PerryPoke77 is a "broadcaster"? Seriously? Maybe ham radio. He writes on about a 5th grade level (apologies to my son.) He needs to worry less about spelling names, and focus on his written language skills, which are poor to say the least.
Yes i am a very successful broadcaster. Thank you very much! I am not even going to say anything else on this topic. For the ones that know anything about sports and our teams, I am glad you are here and want an intelligent discussion instead of lashing out. Go Pokes!

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Broadcasting is not writing, it's talking idiot. Enjoyed being on ignore

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha

Regarding #2

Regarding #3
Not that it changes your point (really only drives it further home) , but I think Aleaziz can be even better than what we saw.

Regarding #5
Don't forget how awful many on this board were toward Collin Theroux at this point in 2016. Hopefully we'll see a similar improvement behind the plate the rest of the way.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Regarding #2

Regarding #3
Not that it changes your point (really only drives it further home) , but I think Aleaziz can be even better than what we saw.

Regarding #5
Don't forget how awful many on this board were toward Collin Theroux at this point in 2016. Hopefully we'll see a similar improvement behind the plate the rest of the way.
agree with #5. Collin wasn't very good at this point. So I am hoping that Jake and Colin improve here or it will be a long season allowing teams to steal bases on us. Does anyone know what the struggle is about with why Jake has a hard time throwing the ball back to the pitcher? Did he have this issue in high school?

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Regarding #2

Regarding #3

Regarding #5

Collin was much much better in the back half of that season, but I don't think he ever came even close to struggling as much defensively as our catchers have so far this season, at least with throwing. Most on here that were criticizing him were mainly doing so because they believe that if you're not hitting at least .275 at OSU then that means you're a crappy baseball player.

There are several in our fan base that aren't very educated about what style of baseball it takes to win in Omaha these days. Holliday and Walton built that 2016 team around pitching and defense, and by the end of the season they were so tremendous at it that we almost landed in the NC series. And, Theroux was a HUGE part of that success. It's disappointing that some still think we should always be scoring 12 runs per game, and if we aren't, then that means we're not a good team. Personally, I enjoy watching one of our pitchers carve up the opposition just as much as hanging 11 runs on 15 hits on the opposition.

Last edited: