Baseball vs tcu

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Territorial Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Guy we beat in game 1 today was a first round pick out of high school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They had a first round pick decide to go to college? Damn that would be nice.
They have more than 1. Baker I believe is the same way. Matt purke was that way. They’ve had quite a few.

edmondcowboy

Territorial Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Littell- 8/11 4 walks 3 doubles 2 triple 4 rbi 7 runs 1 k 1 sb 1 hbp. Obp of .813, an astronomical number.

Gods gift of baseball/power hitting/bow at his feet when he enters the park- 3/14 (3 weak singles) 0 rbi 2ks 1 run. Never has there been a player like him

Gods gift of a pitching staff- 28 innings 28 runs and without looking I’d guess no less than 25 were earned. Honestly the only one I remember unearned was the last one.

Jun 14, 2017
Texas
Incredible week for the baseball team. TCU was 13th in the nation in pitching and we torched them. Hard to fathom how we flipped the switch that extreme. Great gumption to come back from an early 6-0 hole and get the sweep. And I hope everyone remembers this is a team with several key pieces missing and bad breaks and they just keep fighting (like last season). Very impressive.

edmondcowboy

Territorial Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
I don't have time to read back through this thread, but I hope everyone's name is spelled right or I'm about to put a bunch of you mf'ers on ignore.
Notice he’s never returned. Or we are all on ignore and he’s just talking to himself.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
It was fun to watch them battle at Texas even though the weekend results didn't fall the way we'd like. You could see it build against zero u and this weekend was a nice culmination.

Great win tonight and weekend sweep! Hopefully they can build on it and keep it going against a top 25 opponent Tuesday and into next weekend.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
If littell isn’t national player of the week, well then I don’t know what to say.

Taylor didn’t play because it sounded like he got a little banged up in last nights dog pile.

That's is so dumbass. Chew out some guys. You can't hurt your player doing that. People are stupid. Good gosh. I love our team our team but wow.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
I don't have time to read back through this thread, but I hope everyone's name is spelled right or I'm about to put a bunch of you mf'ers on ignore.
Notice he’s never returned. Or we are all on ignore and he’s just talking to himself.

I did read the entire thread and that guy should be embarrassed by his behavior.

Nov 14, 2010
What the hell is wrong with teal all of a sudden?

He is starting instead of coming in relief. Thus, instead of pitching with max effort, he's having to conserve to go longer. Also, he is a pitcher that thrives off of the adrenaline he gets from the biggest moments. Starting a game is a totally different talent and management of adrenaline/energy.

As a result, instead of the fastball being 91-92, it's 88 and not getting by people. Teams are getting multiple at bats against him and forcing him to spot something other than his fastball, and because, by starting, the velocity on his fastball is going to be lower, he is having to be more fine with the fastball as well.

All of these are adjustments that are not easy to make.

For example
Sean Wymer pitched on the 2017 National Team and led TCU with 30 appearances out of the pen last year. He had a 2.10 ERA... struck 66 batters in 55 2/3 innings pitched... limited opponents to a .182 batting average... team posted a 23-7 record in games he pitched...

This year, as a starter, he has a .461 era, and is just 1-1.

Teel has middle relief type stuff with a closers mentality, but is being forced to start due to injury and the fact that we have a handful of pitchers that haven't reached their potential yet.