Baseball vs Little Rock

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Was not able to watch or listen but looks like another quality win with good AB’s. Glad to see this team stringing together hits to score runs instead of waiting around for a long ball. If one comes, fine, but stringing hits together will be far more productive in the long run.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
One other thing. After watching the highlights, something that has gone unmentioned is the outstanding glove work by Garcia at 1st base. He’s as good at stretching and scooping short hops as anyone I have seen in a long time at this level. He has picked up a lot of outs for the team with his solid play at first. Just felt like it should be recognized. (Hope I don’t jinx him)

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
team is gelling and strikeouts seem to be dropping. would love to see Cab back asap, but this lineup is raking. good to see some new blood on the mound have success

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
One other thing. After watching the highlights, something that has gone unmentioned is the outstanding glove work by Garcia at 1st base. He’s as good at stretching and scooping short hops as anyone I have seen in a long time at this level. He has picked up a lot of outs for the team with his solid play at first. Just felt like it should be recognized. (Hope I don’t jinx him)
This was something that I noticed last year, as well. A good defensive first baseman often goes unnoticed. Scooping and digging short hops out of the dirt is not easy.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2010
Vermont
This was something that I noticed last year, as well. A good defensive first baseman often goes unnoticed. Scooping and digging short hops out of the dirt is not easy.
You are correct, Alix is an amazing first baseman and if it wasn’t for him last year, we wouldn’t have gone far in the tournament or regional without his glove. Just look at the number of digs he had last year in the Sunday game vs the dirt burglars in norman- you would have thought some of our infielders were playing on the warning track with all the bounces to 1st. Dude has Mad Skills!