Baseball vs Eastern Michigan

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 23, 2013
Funny to hear Tom talk about soft-throwing lefties being difficult for OSU to hit. It has been that way since I started watching the Cowboys when Ward was coaching them.

This team is frustrating to watch bat with RISP.

Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
This team is something. Give up the go ahead run in the top of 8, then strikeout, groundout and pop out in the bottom of the 8th to pose absolutely no threat in getting that run back.

Ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 4, 2004
The most disappointing thing is there is not one phase of the game theat can be pointed to as being even reasonably good at.

We are poor on the mound, at the plate and in the field.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Well 90% of our at bats are non competitive. We just swing for the fences. A couple of guys who weigh 150 who can’t hit it out of the infield. Terrible defensively. And outside of teel and sometimes heasley we are awful on the mound.

Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Absolutely ridiculous series loss AT HOME. A blue blood of college baseball should NOT lose a series AT HOME to a directional school. Even with the injuries on the mound. The coaches got out coached and players were out played on their own damn field. Unacceptable.

BTW, EMU is now a whopping 5-10 on the season.

Feb 4, 2004
I understand that we have four pitchers out. But those 4 were primarily starters. It is mind boggling that we apparently haven’t even remotely developed a bullpen that can get people out. Not all of the remaining pitchers are Freshman. Several have been in the program.

The fact that we can’t piece together a decent performance against teams like Eastern Michigan is just plain bad.

Those four could not have pitched complete games every time out. Where’s the development of the entire staff?

Combine that with abysmal performances at the plate and keystone cop defense and this is what you get......bad baseball.

Jun 14, 2017
Texas
That should’ve been the easiest sweep on our schedule and we didn’t even win the series. Already digging a RPI and postseason hole. This is probably the most frustrated I’ve been in a long time watching baseball. Completely unacceptable to lose a series to Eastern Michigan (who came in at 3-9) at home.

Nov 14, 2010
I understand that we have four pitchers out. But those 4 were primarily starters. It is mind boggling that we apparently haven’t even remotely developed a bullpen that can get people out. Not all of the remaining pitchers are Freshman. Several have been in the program.

The fact that we can’t piece together a decent performance against teams like Eastern Michigan is just plain bad.

Those four could not have pitched complete games every time out. Where’s the development of the entire staff?

Combine that with abysmal performances at the plate and keystone cop defense and this is what you get......bad baseball.
We don't challenge hitters enough.

In even counts we nibble with the fastball then throw way too many sliders and change ups and get behind in the count.

Then we have to go fat on minus count pitches and get hammered.

We score 2 runs then Reza comes out soft to the 1st 2 hitters, gets behind, loses confidence then eventually can't even throw strikes with his fastball. That tone was set by pitch selection.

On the game winning hit, Battenfield threw their catcher a fat off speed pitch. That guy is a .180 hitter and had shown to have the slowest bat on the team. We sped his bat up and gave him a chance.

It goes back to Rob forcing his pitchers to pitch like he did instead of pitching the way they pitch best.

Only a select few pitchers can maintain confidence when forced to pitch the way we do, pitching backwards, nibbling and having to deal with pitching behind in the count a lot.

The guys that can handle it have a tremendous amount of success, but beyond your best couple pitchers, most college guys can't handle that style of pitching. At least not for a couple of years.