Baseball @ KU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I dont get the lack of focus, boneheaded plays and lack of emotion. We play lost, disinterested and always look like our players are looking over our shoulder to see if they messed up. When we play OU we play lights out, focused, execute and usually perform really well. I’m wondering if JH is having trouble connecting with his players especially the ones who continue to struggle
I think that seems to be the case. He’s mentioned this (indirectly) several times about how he feels mad at himself because his players aren’t making strides. It looks like they just want to do their own thing.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
The answer on Holiday is he has a lot of his daddy in him. He would probably be a really good #2 man, but as a #1 man I'm not so sure.
I have been critical of the team’s play the last couple of years, but I am not ready to say Josh is not head coach material. I think he has certainly proven himself.

What I don’t get is this team just does not play with a chip on their shoulder. Very laissez faire attitude toward the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
I have been critical of the team’s play the last couple of years, but I am not ready to say Josh is not head coach material. I think he has certainly proven himself.

What I don’t get is this team just does not play with a chip on their shoulder. Very laissez faire attitude toward the game.

I love Josh as our HC. He clearly is as bothered by these losses as anyone. I'm not sure we will get things turned around this year, but I have faith that with recruiting trending back up that we can regain the look of his early teams. His early recruiting was very strong, but it hasn't been as good as of late. As others have mentioned, it looks like we could have some big time classes in the next couple years.

Last edited:

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Anyone hear Josh’s comments on the postgame show?

Yes. Normal stuff. No time to pout or feel sorry themselves. Also said he’s waiting for someone to get tired of these results and do something about it.
Thanks. The way he praised Tank for coming back and the leadership it would bring it would seem that he would be the likely candidate.

Maybe he already has, I don’t see what goes on in the locker room.

Feb 4, 2004
Yes. Normal stuff. No time to pout or feel sorry themselves. Also said he’s waiting for someone to get tired of these results and do something about it.
There’s the problem. He can’t “wait” for some to get tired of it. He needs to flat light a fire under their butts by whatever means he needs to.

That’s a coach.

And I’m a big fan of Josh’s.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You really hate the Hollidays don’t ya?
Actually Matt Holliday is one of my favorite players to have played in the MLB. I stated an opinion on coaching ability, how is that hate? Tom was a good sidekick to Ward and Augie, but he wasn't a great head coach. I'm not sure Josh is going to be a great head coach. We aren't at the Frank Anderson years, long ways from that, but we certainly aren't at the Ward years either.